Raining....

2nd December 2016 (Friday) .... 09.00   O dear ... there’s a lot of unwanted dampness around this morning;  on two counts:   I’ve ‘skelt’ a glass of water, and  it’s raining.   This was not on the ‘plan’ for today!   The glass of water was
Route No 95 bus.
easy to clear up... the rain could take longer.  The forecast was for it to be cloudy, with the chance of rain on the East Coast:   that’s Crail... not Elie and ‘The Royal Burgh’!    It’s a grand day for shopping.


21.00     The mission to Leven went as planned, though we have a change of routine;   Jimmy wanted to see if “Iceland”, in Leven High Street, had some different ready meals, and, as far as I could see they did, because he came out with three carrier bags full!   I ‘browsed’ but didn’t buy;  as I’m in the middle of emptying my freezer before I go on holiday.     From the High Street we went over North Street to a second hand shop that Jimmy knew of ;  jings it wisnae half a clutter.   There might have been some good stuff in there, but it was well buried, and smelt heavily of cigarette smoke.

Our next stop was at Sainsbury’s where Jimmy went up to the Cafe for a cuppa while I did my shopping.    I bought the ingredients, for a trial run of shortbread making, sometime tomorrow.... (most likely the afternoon)!    Unusually, for me, I actually got everything that was on my shopping list, ... plus the odd ‘goodie’.    Jimmy had finished his cuppa by the time I went upstairs, so we tidied up the table and headed back to Elie.    By this time the sky had cleared and we had the makings of a bonnie afternoon
St Monans
ahead.

In the afternoon we went along to visit Chris in the Windmill, arriving just in time to catch the end of a choir singing Christmas Carols in the downstairs lounge.    Chris wasn’t in a singing mood today, she was mair worried about us getting a cuppa.... which we did.   This was not my lucky day at the Windmill;  the chair that I sat on was wet ... someone had ‘skelt’ juice on it;   I hope!   I’m hoping we have a good drying day tomorrow.

 On the way home we went down to St Monans Harbour to see what was happening down there, but it was late afternoon by this time, and ‘not much’ would be the best
St Monans
way to describe what was ‘happening’.   

We had rain earlier this evening but I think it has cleared away now, and tomorrow is forecast to be cloudy, with very little wind .... unhappily, not a ‘drying day.


Photographs : Top – although this bus destination board is showing “Sorry, not in service” this is a Route ‘95’ bus at the Elie High Street ‘Bus Stop’.   Middle and Bottom – St Monans harbour late this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....