Nice frosty and sunny morning ....

27th December 2016 (Tuesday) .... 10.00    “Happy Birthday  Emily” who will be ... er a year older today!    Somewhere between 27 and 29!

We have an absolutely stunning morning in “Sunny Sussex”, ..... brilliant sunshine, nae
Emily with birthday presents.
wind, but it is frosty;   one of those perfect days for walking.    I may go over to Buxted Park to see the Hungarian Oak.... I haven’t seen it  without it’s leaves.    It, the Hungarian Oak, is one of the bonniest shaped trees in the whole of England.     The weather forecast is excellent for the remainder of ‘today’, but fog could develop tonight, leading to travel problems tomorrow.     Right now it’s the kind of weather that will have a lot of people out walking, taking in some much needed ‘fresh air’ after the Christmas Festivities.


23.30    We’ve had a real “Sunny Sussex” day;   the perfect day for a walk;   which is what I did.... walked over to Buxted Park to ‘visit’ the Hungarian Oak, and St Margaret’s kirk.... the total distance ‘walked’ was 2.9 miles.  When Ann and I were talking ‘photographs’ yesterday she mentioned ‘her oak’, and this reminded me that I don’t have a leafless photo;  hence the walk.
First thing after breakfast we had Emily opening her Birthday presents... always an exciting experience, even when twen .... oops ‘silly boy’;   nearly let out the fact that ‘Em’ is 28 today!     Oh Oh .... there goes another bit of Top Secret info!   
Hungarian Oak tree in Buxted Park.
I did say it was a ‘perfect’ day for walking;  it was, but underfoot, with the sun melting the frozen ground, it was treacherous.    This part of Sussex has a clay soil, and when it’s wet it is very very slippery;  walking shoes, with crampons, would have been the shoe of choice for today’s walk!    I do have a walking stick that I got from Martyn’s ‘Dad’ a couple of years ago.... and it was extremely handy today.... in fact without it I would have been really struggling in places.

On the way home I went into the ‘The Ringles’ Hotel, where I had a half pint of
St Margaret's Church, Buxted. (Sussex)
Harvey’s Ale, and a bowl of soup.    I was well ready for a rest, a drink and some food.     Having met a lot of folk out walking, I expected ‘The Ringles’ to be really busy, but it was very quiet, and I had a seat by the open fire .... very ‘home from home’ it was.   ‘The Ringles’ is “iggzactly” one kilometre from Michael’s front door!
Emily is out, celebrating her birthday, with the ‘Troops’, somewhere:   They have undoubtedly had perfect weather for celebrating a birthday .... unless they were going skiing!

I
St Margaret window.
shall sleep like a ‘log’ tonight, having had a long walk , and loads of lovely Janice portions of grub.    “Puku” (bless his 9 pack) is loving Sussex!

Photographs : Top – Birthday girl, Next – Hungarian Oak tree in Buxted Park, Next – St Margaret’s Church, Buxted, and Bottom – Stained Glass window in St Margaret’s Church vestibule.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....