Overcast but dry ... and not too cold

15th December 2016 (Thursday) .... 10.30    This is a nice morning for a walk;   it’s bright with sunny spells, and not too windy .... though the wind we do
Fifty minutes before sunrise.
have is from the Southeast.    I’ve been down on the beach, and with it being low tide, and a ‘spring’ tide, I’ve been out to the end of the ‘sewage pipe’, which is no longer a ‘sewage’ pipe but is where the old one was.  

Sunrise time is late at this time of year (08.40), and it is ‘strange’:   we have had a  ‘false dawn’ about an hour before the sunrise for the past few mornings, when there is a lot of ‘transient light’ about;   this fades away and is followed by a ‘normal’ but less colourful sunrise.     Today I will be finishing off writing the Christmas cards, and organising my journey to Sussex.    Slight ‘flap on’ ....  cuppa is required.  

 
sunrise
 
21.30     The morning was the best part of the day;   since the middle of the day the weather turned colder, with a damp, and raw air.... a perfect afternoon for writing Christmas cards;   I took advantage of this and most of the cards are written, and ready to be distributed tomorrow.    Jim came in on his way home from the ‘Drop in Cafe’;  I was waiting ‘in’ for the ‘postie’ .... so had to give the ‘cafe’ a miss.    In point of fact, Friday is most likely to be the day it arrives ...  but it needs to be signed for.   Jim said that the ‘Cafe’ was busy....but quieter;  I wisnae there!    Jimmy and Mac had to be more or less ‘evicted’ at the end .... the two of them had been chatting and didn’t realise the time.     That was their excuse.    That said, the ‘Friendship Lunch’, and the ‘Drop in Cafe’ are perfect places to meet folk, and have a chat.   Conversation is one of the best remedy’s there is for SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)..... (overcast grey days).

What’s my ‘plan’ for tomorrow?   My new specs are ‘in’ so I should go along and pick
'Robbie' at the Friendship Lunch.
them up.... however, the first thing I’m going to do is post the Christmas cards.   I’ll probably take a run along to Anstruther at some point in the afternoon.

 The weather forecast isn’t that great for tomorrow... overcast with more chance of drizzle/rain:  and I was hoping to ‘experience’ another false dawn tomorrow morning!

Photographs : Top – an hour before sunrise time, Middle – sunrise, and Bottom -  Friendship Lunch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....