Bright and breezy ....

10th December 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.30     I went down on the beach at sunrise time, but, as is often the case at this time of year, ‘sunrise’ was obscured by
Elie Bay.
low cloud.    However it looks like being a bright day once the sun gets higher;   actually there’s a braw ‘drying’ wind so I’m going to do a washing.   For some reason I’m feeling ‘slightly sluggish’ this morning:  I’m blaming ‘Wallace and Gromit’ , who ‘fired off’ at 05.40!    They sounded far away,.....  but not far enough away!    I’ll have a cuppa.    

Sometime today I’ll have to buy chocolate biscuits:  we’re down to one, dark chocolate, Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer, .... which neither Iain, nor I, like!   When I think of it, there must have been another seven of them at one time  (they come in packs of eight)... so someone must like them!    Probably me .... if I was desperate!  

  21.30     We needed to have a trip to Leven this morning, after Jimmy discovered that he was running out of ‘ready meals’.   I was only too happy to go to Leven because, as I mentioned above, the ‘Emergency Rations’ tin was seriously empty;    apart from that one, dark chocolate wafer:    it would have had to be a real emergency before it was eaten!    Anyway the “ER’s” tin has now been restocked with a variety of chocol ... er Emergency Rations.

  Jimmy and I got back to Ivy just before the first shower of the afternoon hit:  in time to save the washing.    Unfortunately that shower was followed, at frequent intervals,
Elie beach.
by others so I didn’t get out for a walk in the afternoon.    I did however manage to go to the beach, in between showers, to catch the end of  sunset time.    It’s nearly always the fifteen minutes or so after the actual sunset that the sky is bonniest.     At sunrise time, it is ‘nearly always’ the twenty minutes before the sun rises that the sky looks its best.

This has been a kind of ‘lazy’ day for me;  at least that’s how it ‘feels’: most likely because I didn’t get ‘out and about’ much.    Tomorrow, I am looking forward to going out for lunch,  with, Jennifer, from Sussex, and Adelaide and Ivan from 21.30     We needed to have a trip to Leven this morning, after Jimmy discovered that he was running out of ‘ready meals’.   I was only too happy to go to Leven because, as I mentioned above, the ‘Emergency Rations’ tin was seriously empty;    apart from that one, dark chocolate wafer:    it would have had to be a real emergency before it was eaten!    Anyway the “ER’s” tin has now been restocked with a variety of chocol ... er Emergency Rations.

  Jimmy and I got back to Ivy just before the first shower of the afternoon hit:  in time to save the washing.    Unfortunately that shower was followed, at frequent intervals,
Sunset from the Ferry beach
by others so I didn’t get out for a walk in the afternoon.    I did however manage to go to the beach, in between showers, to catch the end of  sunset time.    It’s nearly always the fifteen minutes or so after the actual sunset that the sky is bonniest.     At sunrise time, it is ‘nearly always’ the twenty minutes before the sun rises that the sky looks its best.
This has been a kind of ‘lazy’ day for me;  at least that’s how it ‘feels’: most likely because I didn’t get ‘out and about’ much.    Tomorrow, I am looking forward to going out for lunch,  with, Jennifer, from Sussex, and Adelaide and Ivan from Dalgety Bay.  
Photographs : Top and Middle – sunrise time this morning, and Bottom – sunset from the Ferry beach. Bay.  

Photographs : Top and Middle – sunrise time this morning, and Bottom – sunset from the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....