Gorgeous morning ....

14th December 2016 (“Friendship Lunch” Day) .... 10.00     Oh my word .... what a lovely morning for pottering about on the beach:  the tide was way out,
Sunrise from the Ferry Wynd.
and we had a bonnie sunrise.  Regrettably, there is a brisk Southeast wind which is adding a bit to the wind chill factor .... it’s ‘cool’;  but well worth wrapping up and going out.     By the time I reached the beach, there was already a trail of ‘Man Wednesday’ and ‘Dog Wednesday’ footprints, on the sand .... then Sue came along the beach walking her dogs... and this was well before sunrise time.  On mornings lie this I have the urge to go walking, but I have Christmas cards to write .... so ‘flap on’;  got work to do!


21.30    The “Christmas Friendship Lunch” was ‘out of this world’:   there’s no denying it we are blessed with ‘our girls’!     We are used to the girls spoiling us at a ‘normal’ “Friendship Lunch”, but, for the Christmas version:  we had a two course meal followed by coffee/tea and Christmas cake;  an unimaginable amount of  work went on behind the scenes.   We
Elie Friendship Lunch.
live in a beautiful corner of our Mother Earth, but it’s the folk, ‘girls’ and ‘boys’  who live in our wee villages who make it, our corner of Mother Earth, exceptional.   ‘Our Friendship Lunch Girls’, of the EKC Church, are an exemplar of this.    All the effort they put in to making the ‘Friendship Lunch’ the success it is, is much appreciated... and  ... we do love “Our Girls”.   The ‘Lunch’ finished with the company  singing carols, and Christmastide songs.   Except for me, I mime ... but , in my head I think I sing like a ‘lintie’ (linnet)!    I am blessed with a vivid imagination.  
Myra ... note the light up shoes!
   
I am making good headway with my Christmas cards, and have the most of the cards that need to go by post, ready to go out tomorrow.    Tomorrow I will write a batch for delivery by the local, East Neuk, Rotarians.    All my cards have to be ‘done and dusted’ by the end of Saturday.   I can then concentrate on my holiday in Sussex.
This has been a most enjoyable day.... and I will crawl off to bed happy and contented.    Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be not unlike today’s but there may be fewer sunny spells.    The weather won’t bother me too much;  I’ll be writing cards ‘on and off’ for most of the ‘day’.


Photographs : Top – the sun rising at the bottom of Ferry Wynd, Next –  Friendship Lunch, Next – Myra ... note the feet, and Bottom – Friendship Lunch
Friendship Lunch, Elie.
Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar girls table.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....