Bonnie frosty morning ....

5th December 2016 (Monday) .... 09.30    It’s a bonnie, frosty morning .... a ‘wrap up well’, start to the day.     There is a light breeze from the North, but that
Elie Bay this morning
isn’t adding much wind chill;   especially if, like me, you stand in the lea of the dunes.    Having said that .... my hands are cauld, so remember to wear gloves if you do go out!    I’ve no doubt that, once the sun gets going it will be another bonnie day.... a grand day for taking Jimmy’s car to the car wash.


   21.00     It was a ‘grand day for washing Jimmy’s car’;   unfortunately the drivers of the lorries we met on the way  home, didn’t care if a  car had just been through the car wash,... so it ended up looking more or less the same as it had been when we’d set off for Leven.   Never mind we enjoyed the cuppa, and a wee bit o’ retail therapy in Sainsbury’s fruit aisle. 

Jimmy in Sainsbury's.
I’ve been feeling in a ‘slightly working’ mood today so I put up the ‘Christmas Strings’ :  the “Christmas Strings” are the strings that I hang my Christmas cards on, and is the only ‘decorating’ I do for the Festive Season.   Maggie used to do a ‘tree’ with all the trimmings;  I suppose if I was at Ivy over Christmas I would do a tree.   I may buy a tiny one.    When I’m doing the ‘strings’ I also do the high up dusting etc so it’s a good few hours work:  no wonder I feel weak.   Fortuitously for me, Jimmy appeared, feeling dehydrated, and in big need of a cuppa.    He had an appointment at Pittenweem surgery in the late afternoon so I drove him along to that.   There was a good, and varied, selection of magazines on the table;  including a few National Geographic ones, which are always interesting. 

Jimmy and I have our bi-annual eye tests tomorrow morning at Anstruther;  I feel that
Earlsferry Town Hall clock tower
I am needing new ‘glasses’.   It is six years since I last needed new/ stronger glasses.  I’m beginning to get the feeling that my body needs all the artificial help it can get now!

Tomorrow’s weather forecast isn’t “iggzactly” inspiring;   cloudier than today, and cold, but .... it should be warmer on Wednesday.   That said I’m happy with the weather we’ve had lately ....  as are the daffodils up at Chapel Green;  they are poking their ‘heads’ through the ground already.

Photographs : Top – Elie Bay at sunrise this morning, Middle – Jimmy in the fruit aisle in Sainsbury’s, and Bottom – The ‘Ferry Clock’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....