Nice .... but colder

17th December 2016 (Saturday) .... 10.00    Mmmmm.... there’s a brisk Northwest breeze this morning so it’s colder ‘out’, but it’s a bonnie morning for getting
The sun rising, over the Lammermuirs, and behind the Bass Rock.
things done.    I have an Aran jersey out on the line, which should dry a bit over the day:   I’ll keep have to keep a ‘weather eye’ on the clouds that have suddenly appeared from ‘nowhere’.     The ‘plan’, for this morning, is to distribute the last of the Christmas cards;  I’ll begin by having a cuppa. 



21.30     All the Christmas cards, apart from the Kinneuchar ones, have been ‘posted’:   it was my intention to do the Kinneuchar ones when I was up there tonight taking photos, but it’s too windy and cold to do that, so that photo mission has been postponed until tomorrow night.    The cold isn’t too much of a problem, but the ‘decorations’ would be moving around in the wind;   not good when you are working the camera at slow speeds.

There has been a cold, raw air around all day.... like you have before it rains.   I went along to Elie in the afternoon, and, as is my usual practice, I went down to the
Elie Bay.
harbour;   that’s the place to feel the cold air.... it was perishing.    I did a ‘Jimmy’ and looked at the villages from the car.   On the way down to the harbour I noticed that the granary was nicely placed against a pale, and interesting, background sky (everything in my world comes with a frame round it) .... I stopped and took a few ‘shots’ from the Toft, of the Granary, and looking across Elie Bay to the ‘Royal Burgh’.    Today’s, ‘Middle’ and ‘Bottom’ pictures.   

I meant to bake some ‘Melting Moments’ this afternoon, but got diverted;   I think I’ll do that, the baking, first thing in the morning.   The weather forecast is not bad for the
The Terrace, Elie.
next 24 hours;   a good chance of rain overnight, clearing away tomorrow morning to be followed by ‘bright spells, and it is not going to feel as cold as it was today.    My next move is to make my bedtime chocolate drink, then get orf to bed.    This seems to have been a long day, although it is in fact coming up to the shortest one.... that’s daylight hours of course;  my day starts well before daylight.... I keep summertime hours.   At this time of year, some of them (hours) are dark-ish.    It can be awe-inspiring watching the dawn break;  and, at the end of ‘the day’, watch the gloamin’ come in.

Photographs : Top – the sun rising behind the Bass Rock, and over the Lammermuirs, Middle –Elie Bay and the Granary,  and Bottom – looking across the bay towards Earlsferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....