Windy with snow/sleet showers ....

11th February 2020 (Tuesday) .... 08.00    On this date in 55 AD
Squally shower approaching 'The Ferry'.
Tiberius Claudius Ceasar Britannicus popped his clogs in mysterious circumstances and Nero became Emperor.... in 1806 William Grenville became Prime Minister (UK) after William Pitt the Younger died ... and ... in 1852 the first public toilet for female use was opened (in Bedford Street London).    Meanwhile we have a really wintry feel to the weather;   I very much doubt if this boy will go very far today.    The sleet/snow showers should fade out by mid morning but it’s going to be windy (again) and cold.



10.30    We have a ‘bright and very breezy' morning now  and I am contemplating a daunder to the beach.   At this time the wind is F7 out in the Firth (Ocean Greatwhite) that’s roughly 38 mph.... and it’s cold with the temperature on Ivy garden being 3.5C.    I think I might rethink the ‘planned’ walk:  right now I’m enjoying a mug of coffee.


Elie Bay.
13.00    It’s windy on the beach;  and the squally showers are wild.    I had a reasonable walk but I noticed one of the aforementioned showers coming over so didn’t get quite as far as I intended.    I got back to Ivy just as the sleet/snow started.   The showers don’t last very long but they have been fairly frequent.    The wind is now F8 out in the Firth (all the ‘offshore’ wind speeds I give will be from ‘Ocean Greatwhite’) so there’s a bit o wind chill to factor in to the already lower temperatures.


18.00    I’ve had a busy day.... mostly researching stuff on the laptop, but I took time out in the middle of the afternoon to go for a run in the car;  the squally showers kind of put me off walking.   The wind has moderated a wee bit in the last hour and the forecast is better for tomorrow.... in fact I may do a washing, rain isn’t mentioned in our forecast for tomorrow and the wind reasonable .... F4- 5.

19.30    I’ve had a busy day.... mostly researching stuff on the laptop, but I took time
Breezy afternoon ... and my light is 'on'.
out in the middle of the afternoon to go for a run in the car;  the squally showers kind of put me off walking.   The wind has moderated a wee bit in the last hour and the forecast is better for tomorrow.... in fact I may do a washing, rain isn’t mentioned in our forecast for tomorrow and the wind F4- 5.    We have the ‘Friendship Lunch’ in the Kirk Hall tomorrow that takes care of food for the day near enough..... Yes I’ll do a washing, hang it out, go for morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee, then a quick trip up to Colinsburgh to fuel up the car .... by the time I’ve done all that it will be lunch time and that will have taken care of the morning,

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....