Bright and very breezy ....

8th February 2020 (Saturday)      08.30 .... As per weather forecast we
Elie Bay at 10.00.
have a ‘bright and breezy’ start to the day, and it is forecast to get breezier in the afternoon when the wind strength expected to reach Gale 9;  not a morning for this boy going biking.



13.00     It is a bit windy today but a bonnie day in spite of that:  you have to be cosily wrapped up for the harbour, and beach, of course.    The harbour car park was busy this morning, with a lot of folk at the seminar in the Sailing Clubhouse;   it’s good to know that we have good number of people prepared to give their time and work hard for our wee villages.    I didn’t linger at the harbour ... ‘arbour ‘ouse was open!


Lathallan Mill - Balcarres Estate.
15.00    Lexie has just phoned to let me know that Alex Mackie has died.    Alex had been unwell for a while, I remember that he wasn’t able to attend his cousin Jimmy ‘s (Mackie) funeral.    Alex was a ‘Ferry Boy’.... as was Jimmy!    Alex and I were at the Waid at the same time though not in the same class;  he was six months older than me.

I have been watching Ireland v Wales Six Nations rugby .... it’s half time (Ireland leading 12 – 7) so I can make myself a cuppa.   We have Scotland v England (Calcutta Cup) later:  they kick off at 16.45 I think it is.   Orf to make that cuppa.

19.00     It’s been a wild day and it sounds like it’s going to be a wild night.    I had a short walk in
Earlsferry.
between the rugby matches by which time the sky had clouded over and it was beginning to threaten rain.    I’m watching Scotland v England but I’d say that the wind is winning this game;  it’s 3 – 3 just now with 19 minutes left to play.
The forecast is for it to be windy again tomorrow.... in fact windy all the way through until Wednesday.   I’ll probably visit Jim tomorrow .... I don’t think it’s going to be a day for ‘going out to play’.    I do not like the wind.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....