Overcast and cold ....

29th February 2020 (Saturday)     08.30 .... Today is the extra day we
Busy beach .... and I thought it was cold!
get every four years;  what I’d like to know is why do we get this extra day at this time of the year and not a long warm day in the summer time?   Anyway today it is ‘extra day’ and it is overcast, breezy and cold....but at least not raining;  unlike in Wales where there’s more rain exacerbating an already horrendous situation.    And I’m worrying about cleaning my windows?    Silly boy.   Actually we have ‘sunny spells’ in our forecast so, though cold, it could be a bonnie day.



12.00    We do have ‘sunny spells’  in fact we’ve had one long sunny spell since about 10.30, but it’s cold,  and especially so at the harbour.   There appears to be a lot of visitors around.... and the beach was busy.... busier than I expected it to be.  If the weather stays as it is  I’m thinking that I might tidy up a bit in the garden in the afternoon.

The former Colinsburgh kirk!
19.30    This extra day in February has been lovely;   yes it has been cold, with a brisk breeze, but it was sunny most of the day;   in fact it was such a bonnie afternoon that I had the urge to go for a nostalgic walk up the ‘back road’ to Balcarres .... and that is what In did after lunch.    Garden?    Oops I do believe that I had thought about doing some work in the garden.    It will still be there tomorrow.    Now where was I? .... oh ... yes I went up to Colinsburgh for a daunder up the back road.    Actually I didn’t go up the ‘back road’:  well I did but only as far as the playing field entrance because the road beyond the fitba park entrance was a bit glaury so I did the woodland walk instead.   This is a new path that enters the woodland immediately across from the park entrance and takes you round to the main road about 50 metres west of the Balcarres Estate South Lodge.   It was created about 20 years ago by Balcarres Estate, so that  the Colinsburgh folk could enjoy a romantic

Balcarres Crag from  the new path.
walk.    I had it to myself today!   Like the road the path was bit glaury at first but after a hundred metres or so it was fine and takes you through a wood of mixed and interesting trees.     Two seats are strategically placed so that older folks can have a rest.   I managed to pass both of without stopping.


According to the forecast we are going to have ‘strong winds and heavy rain’ tomorrow;  the wind began to freshen late this afternoon and it is now F6 out in the Firth.   It could be a day for working on the computer tomorrow I’m thinkin’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....