Nice morning but colder ....


18th February 2020 (Tuesday)      09.00 ....  it’s “bright, breezy ... and colder”
Cracker of a mornin'.


this morning;   definitely a wrap up well kind of day.    I’ve been to the beach and there’s a brisk wind a blowin’ down there:  I forgot to wear a  scarf so didn’t linger long.    It looks like being a bonnie day but there are showers about;  I was late for the beach because it was raining when I first  ventured out.
I’m going to visit Jim this morning;   I suppose I’d better ‘browse’ Sainsbury’s when in Leven.   There’s bound to be a few bits and pieces I need... want.



13.00     The Nurse was sorting out Jim when I arrive at the Care Home this morning (10.30) so I went to the lounge and made a mug of coffee for us:  he arrived about 10 minutes later.    Jim took one sip of the coffee and decided to forget it and concentrate on the two goodies I had taken in.    Jim was in fine form and we chatted about Elie and The Royal Burgh.   It had been raining heavily when I went into the Care Home but the sea
Ferry Road in early morning sunlight.
looked placid and the sun was breaking through when I left an hour later.   On the way home I thought I might get out on the bike later, but the wind had risen so I had a light lunch instead.
When in Sainsbury’s I remembered to buy currants to put in the semolina pudding that I am going to make ... try to make .... perhaps tonight.   Right now my eyelids are dropping;  I need a cat-nap.

19.30    There has been a few wild sleet showers today... and some crackers o’ clouds:  I’ve had an enjoyable day.   I managed to get into Mackie Housing to save my doughnut from George.    Actually I didn’t ‘save’ it because he ate it;  but he bought a couple of fresh ones today.    We chatted, ate the doughnuts, admired a few photographs and sorted out the world .... again.    When I left George I went to the harbour then home by way of .... yep .... Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.    There was a heavy shower coming over from the northwest: I drove into it just as I reached Kinneuchar and got the car washed .... “it’s an ill wind” and all that.    
Having seen the weather forecast for tomorrow I have decided to get up and out early;   it’s going to
Interesting sky this afternoon.
be wet later.    I have the feeling that tomorrow might be a computer day for me.   The folk in the flooded areas of the UK would be happy if a wet day only meant working/playing on the computer:  ye Gods I don’t I have ever seen so much deep flooding  before..... and there’s more rain forecast for the already flooded areas.   I have no doubt the politicians will tell us how much ‘they’ are spending on flood defences.    
It’s supposed to be cold first thing tomorrow and I had thought of going out on the bike, but I have a feeling that won’t happen for a few days yet.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....