Cold and breezy ....


23rd February 2020 (Sunday)     20.00 …. We’ve had a busy day;  Iain
Crail harbour.
did a load of work in the morning…. I made regular mugs o’ tea.   The new computer set up is brilliant for working on my photographs;  instead of two small screens I now have one big one on which I can move stuff all over the place.   I am a happy boy.
We went up to Colinsburgh to fuel up the car;  and I managed to do it  ‘nae bother’ having remembered the way Christine (and Janice) did it.   Back at Ivy we checked The Hutte roof because it had developed a small leak.   The wind had popped half a row of nails so I hammered them back in and nailed firmly the place where the wind was getting in under the roof felt.   I would have sealed it all with the

Crail.
felt adhesive that I ‘have’ only I can’t find it.   It will be in a safe place in the shed… or the greenhouse… somewhere.    Anyway when I find the adhesive I will seal everything.

Ian went off home after lunch and suddenly I was feeling ‘down’:  I went to Crail for a daunder down the Hen’s Ladder to the harbour;  the wind had moderated and we had a really lovely afternoon by this time.   I came home by the ‘back road’ to Largoward then Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar;  arriving back at Ivy feeling brighter and looking forward to browsing the photographs on the new monitor.

There’s a Yellow warning for Fife tomorrow;  snow and sleet but I imagine that will
Kinneuchar kirk.
mostly be for the higher ground.    When I was coming through Balcarres estate I saw a flock of rooks ‘feeding a storm’ … and they could well have snow up there tomorrow.    I will get out early and buy a paper;   I had planned to visit Jim but that will depend on what the weather is doing.   The wind is forecast to be from the East and not as strong as of late…. but rain/sleet is forecast for our area by the middle of the day.    Tomorrow would seem to be the ‘worst’ day of this week for us;  we might even have a couple of ‘drying’ day later.   I need to find (or buy a new tin) the felt adhesive before then!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....