Cracker of a mornin' ....

7th February 2020 (Friday)      08.00 ....We have a bonnie frosty morning
Heron - sort of sunbathing.
and I see that the car is thick with rime;  however the sun should shift that by the time I go for the papers.   It looks like being a bonnie day though cool, but there’s hardly a breath of wind so nae wind chill .... so far.    I hope to get the bike out in the afternoon when the temperature should be a comfortable 7c.



15.30    Ye Gods .... When I sat down to have a relaxing cuppa after lunch the sky was ‘bloo’ and summer-like:  I fell fast asleep and woke up over an hour later by which time the sky was over cast, it was colder and very not summer-like.  And it was 14.45   .... so I promptly changed the plan to get the bike oot.    Anyway forget that;   I’m having another cuppa .... this time to waken me up.... after a most interesting wee shopping trip to Anstruther with George.    On the way to Anstruther George mentioned that he needed to get something at Anstruther Library (my hearing is abysmal).    Neither of us knew where Anstruther Library but  I did remember that a library has something to do with books, and was Anstruther was at the Town Hall at
East end of the Ferry High Street.
one time so that’s we ended up.   It isn’t there;   oh the Hall is still there but the Library isn’t.    We saw two ‘girls’ about the same age as us (somewhere between 55 and 90)  so we asked them and they told us it had been moved to the Waid.   I said “I thought they were knockin’ it doon”;  it turns out that it wasn’t the auld Waid but the brand (nearly) new Waid that we had to visit.   Well this was exciting .... and a new adventure all together.   
Getting to the ‘New Waid’ is easy and I was able to moor up at the front entrance... the ‘bloo badge’ has it’s uses (I need to have the car door wide open to get in and out).    The main door is one of those ones where you go round a couple of times before actually entering the building.   You don’t have to go round twice but it’s good exercise.    We found the lassie that dealt with Library questions .... there’s a huge desk at the front door with different sections for different questions;  we chose the right lassie and it was about now I found out what George actually wanted at the Library;  it’s where you go to get free ‘caddy bags’ for the wee bucket thing that sits under the sink.    You learn something new every day;  and I was in the right place for doing that .... learning stuff.   When George was discussing ither stuff with the lassie (the place was full of pupils ‘cos it was break time)
Elie Bay.
I had a daunder through to the Atrium and chatted to  a couple of people sitting behind another desk.    I saw Moira Milne’s name on the School Dux board .... and the year wasn’t yesterday.    I used to play golf with her Dad .... and dance with Moira at the Colinsburgh dances.    From the Waid we went to the ‘Store where Dod did his shopping .... I did some shopping too;  the Store (in Anstruther) stocks better liquorice allsorts than Sainsbury’s so I bought a couple of bags of those:  and some food too.   We got back to Elie, via a devious route (I do devious routes nae bother) and I delivered George to Mackie Housing then home to Ivy about 12.50.    And that was my morning.   I need anither cuppa before bumbling down to the beach.

morning
16.30     It’s a bonnie afternoon but it is windy (and thus colder) on the beach but nice
Westie .... she was in a vocal mood this afternoon.
when well wrapped up.   I met and ended up chatting to a lady with a Westie... trust me to forget both their names but I know the family and they live along Links Road.    It was really pleasant chatting and it fair cheered me up;  and I needed that.    Now I’m going to have a yet another cuppa and have a look at the photos I took.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....