Ciara ....

9th February 2020 (Sunday)     09.00 .... there’s been a lot of rain
Elie Bay two hours before Storm Ciara arrived.
overnight, in fact it only stopped raining  an hour ago, but the wind has moderated and it’s warm.    The wind is forecast to get up to F8 – 9 in the afternoon though we could have sunny spells by then.    It’s a good day for visiting Jim.



13.30     She is a feisty girl is ‘Ciara’ (the latest storm to hit the UK), bringing gale force winds (F10) and heavy blustery showers;  a naughty girl indeed.   She seems to be slightly calmer now but when I was at the harbour an hour ago.... my word she was in a tizzy.

I visited ‘Jimbo’ as planned;  he was in a conversational mood, ate the two goodies I took in, then disappeared after just over half an hour.    I signed myself out then went to
Elie lighthouse at the height of the storm.
Sainsbury’s.    I didn’t buy much (I didn’t need anything really) but I did buy a ‘Scotch Egg’;  something I haven’t had for many years.   I had it for lunch;   it was tasty enough but I won’t make a habit of buying them regularly.  

On the way home decided to go to the harbour  (Elie) to see ‘Ciara’ at her best/worst;  there’s a sheltered corner near the Sailing Club where you can get reasonable photos from .... in a gale of wind.    I didn’t have the Canon with me but I’m sure I’ll have got a few decent shots with the Olympus.   I’m going to make myself .... yep... another cuppa then browse the photos.


18.30    Well this has been a wild day as far as the weather went:   however the excitable Ciara seems to have quietened down a bit.... though not by much.    We have another two days of her yet but this is just the disturbed air that her petticoats left behind.... and not as fierce as today’s.
What am I doing tomorrow?   I guess that does depend on the weather which is forecast to be ‘windy with sleet showers’.... not very promising.    There’s always stuff to do on the computer and yet more research.    I feel tired already.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....