Overcast sky .... and cold


28th February 2020 (Friday)     08.30 .... After the past few sunny days
Overcast morning.
it’s disappointing to have an overcast sky again;  and the forecast is for rain to move in by midday.... and the wind is to back to the southeast so it could be a dreich afternoon.    I have much to do today;  I had a thought (fleetingly) of cleaning another window but it’s too cold for doing the outside .... so it will be shopping after morning coffee then computer stuff in the afternoon.    With this being a Leap Year I have an extra day to clean the outside of the windows.


14.30     The trip to ‘The Store’ was successful and I am well stocked up with food....  and emergency rations in case we have a spell of inclement weather.   The weather has deteriorated and, as expected we now have a ‘dreich’ afternoon:  the Ivy hatches have been battened down , the kettle is ‘on’ and I am going to have a fresh cuppa, followed by a quick ‘50’ before beginning ‘work’ ...  on the computer.

Bleak afternoon .... but bonnie  just the same.
I had a quick trip to the harbour before morning coffee but it was very quiet;  it was overcast but dry at that time.    Ronnie, who lives in Upper Largo, joined us for coffee;  but he hasn’t lived in Upper Largo long enough to be part of the ‘local secrets grapevine’.  All is quiet on the Upper Largo secrets front.


19.00    I went to the beach late in the afternoon but the dreichness was still coming in from the North Sea so it was not one of my best ideas:  at least I got a wee bit of exercise.    Yesterday I fitted new batteries into the Wii golf machine and played the nine holes .... -7 so I was happy with that.   I then had a go at the Wii Fit test:  after completing the ‘test’ the machine computes your age according to the results.    I am ‘30’.... or was 30 last night.   It does give me some light exercise
Wet look Earlsferry High Street,
without going out in the damp and cold.... and I like a machine that tells little white lies now and again.
Because of the weather forecast for the weekend it looks like I will be working on the computer;  and playing Wii golf etc.    We are going have ‘strong winds with rain now and again.    That sort of weather is becoming ‘normal’ for our weekends.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....