Overcast and breezy ....


15th February 2020 (Saturday)     09.00 .... I’ve been to the beach for a
The calm before the storm.
short walk before the weather becomes wet and really windy ..... in fact it began to spit rain at 08.50... about 10 minutes after I got back to Ivy.    Funnily enough it wasn’t that cold down there but the wind is lively..... and due to become livelier in the afternoon.    I will batten down the hatches after morning coffee and that will be me for the next couple of days I’m thinkin’:  it’s going to be a computer weekend.



15.00   There was only Geoff and me for morning coffee as Myra was away having her hair done:   but the boys were able to cope.   Alan had forgotten to do something this morrrrrrrning but it wasn’t catastrophic;   I don’t remember what it was he hadn’t done but it involved switching something important ‘on’.

This afternoon .... windy and beginning to spit rain.
Stewart and Ronnie were down at the harbour... ensconced in the HM Office;  they were most likely waiting for the kettle to boil.    They wouldn’t be going sailing ....  tide was out and so are the boats!    I came back to Ivy via Balbuthie and Kinneuchar, battened the hatches down and browsed the photos I’d taken.


I’ve been down to the beach this afternoon and though windy down there the worst of the wind has still to reach us.... it did begin to spit rain so I am now at Ivy scoffing a custard tart that Myra left.    I won’t be going out again today as I’m settling down to watch ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ .... a nice way to pass the afternoon.    I will work on the laptop at the same time.

19.00     No matter how many times I  watch the three ‘The Lord of the Rings’ films or
The beach this afternoon.
‘The Hobbit’... I always enjoy watching them again:  and this afternoon was  perfect for watching such a film.   I have both books and have read them at least three times.  

 I had a look outside not long ago and we have a wet and windy evening.    I think tomorrow is to be windy but not very wet so the wind should lift some of the water that has fallen, and is still falling, today.    Luckily I have no plan for tomorrow;  I should get a lot of work done on the laptop.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....