Lovely morning ....


4th February 2020 (Tuesday)     08.30 .... it’s an airy
This afternoon at the harbour.
morning and looks like being a good drying day so I am going to do a washing... and I might visit Jim.   I have a cough but it’s not as bad as I’d expected it to be and I feel in the need of some retail therapy.   ‘Goodies’ come to mind.    Orf to have breakfast. 


20.30    This has been a ‘mostly working’ day catching up with stuff I haven’t done for the past few days;   ‘ousework etc.     I did go to Leven and had a good bit of ‘retail therapy’ which did not include coffee .... nor goodies because I decided not to go to the Care Home for another couple of days.   I got all the things I needed (and a few that I didn’t but fancied) so all in all I’m a happy bunny.   When I
Elie Harbour decoration.
left Sainsbury’s and got onto the road out I noticed that the car two in front of me had smoke coming out of the boot:  by the time we got to the roundabout at the Bawbee Bridge it was like he was laying a smoke screen and we, the drivers behind him, couldn’t see a thing.... luckily there was a breeze.    The last I saw of him he was going across the bridge, making for Methil,  like a rocket taking off horizontally from Cape Canaveral.    I assume he eventually saw the smoke and stopped the car somewhere safe.  

  
It has been a cracker of a day.... sunny and unseasonably warm;   I thought of getting the bike out but had lunch then did a wee bit more pottering about Ivy.    Later in the afternoon I went to the harbour for a run and wandered about for nearly an hour.    With there being very little wind it was really pleasant for a change.    That is going to change by the weekend and we’re to have gales again;   the weatherman mentioned ‘ferocious winds’.    I don’t like
the sound of that.
Things will settle down for the Troops tomorrow;  Harbour House
Earlsferry from the harbour just before sunset.
is back in action after the winter break.   I imagine Laura, the girls (that includes Brenda) and the ‘boy’, Alan, will be excited already at the thought of seeing our happy smiling faces again;   and catching up with our ailment status.   I am looking forward to being in ‘appy ‘arbour ‘ouse again. ... and the coffee.
I am tired tonight;  it must be all the ‘work’ I’ve been trying to do.   I’ll be in bed early and read a bit more about the naughty boys ... and girls .... of Aberdeenshire.    
 st.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....