Bright and breezy ....


17th February 2020 (Monday)     09.00 .....When I see the devastation
Nice morning for a walk on the beach.
wrought by ‘Storm Dennis’ in other parts of the UK I realise that, much as I detest the wind, we are lucky it was only the wind that clobbered us and not the floods that other areas have been hit with .... again.    The tax payers money being squandered on taking 15 minutes off the journey from London to Birmingham would be better on flood protection and other less glamourous .... and more useful projects.    That’s it .... moan over.
It’s ‘bright and breezy’ at the Centre of the Universe this morning but not as breezy as it has been for the past few days.... only F6 – 7.    Actually it’s a good drying day I might do a wee washing;  no ... showers are mentioned in today's weather forecast.


Breezy afternoon.
12.30    Oh dear .... I made the mistake of visiting ‘The Boss this morning and have been doing ‘ousework ever since I got back to Ivy;   15 minutes ago .... just a token amount of ‘ousework to salve my conscience.   It’s a bonnie day and, though windy, at least the wind is bearable, and it was good walking around Chapel Green.   I’ve been for the paper and had a wee run out in the car... the Balbuthie Kinneuchar circle.   I met George in Elie and I’m going to visit him this afternoon;  he bought two 'Barnett The Baker' doughnuts and I can’t have him eating both of them!


19.00    I mistimed my visit to George (in the Mackie Housing) and couldn’t get in at either entrance.    The fact that I was trying to contact Flat 12 and not George’s Flat
The beach - from the Breakwater.
might have something to do with it (Flat 12 is empty);  and that the ‘office’ closes at 14.30.    The doughnut is in the fridge so I’ll get it tomorrow... and I’ll be on time.    It turned out that it was just as well that I didn’t get in;  Elizabeth arrived with ‘kirk stuff’ so I enjoyed a chat with her.  “All’s well that ends well” right enough.... as long as George disnae eat ‘my’ doughnut!

The ‘plan’ is to get out on the bike sometime but according to the weather forecasters we are to have windy and unsettled weather for a while yet;  something to do with the jet stream.   I think it is supposed to be drier tomorrow;  we had a few squally showers today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....