Windy and colder ....

10th February 2020 (Monday)     07.00 .... Having been out as far as the
Elie Lighthouse this afternoon.
front gate I know that it’s windy...  it’s colder .... and, with sleet showers mentioned in the forecast for KY9 it looks like being a computer day for this boy.   I had thought of going to Kirkcaldy but there’s more chance of sleet/snow along there so that mission has been postponed until the weather clears up.



12.30    My word .... that was one wild sleet shower that rattled over;  I am glad that I didn’t go to Kirkcaldy.    I haven’t been ‘out’ yet .... not even as far as the car and that’s just at the gate.    I will go for a circumnavigation of the villages after lunch but I’m thinkin’ that any photographs I do take will be from inside the cosy car.   I have been working on the computer most of the morning..... and will do the same for most of the afternoon. 


18.00      It has been a wintry like day with wild and heavy sleet showers .... and it turned colder as the day wore on.    I went out in the car which isn’t the most exercise intensive way of getting around but I did have a walk down to the beach after I got
The beach this afternoon.
home.    Wild weather usually means interesting skies;  and that certainly was the caste today.... and it ought to be the same tomorrow ‘cos the forecast is for us to get .more of the same’.    That reminds me:   in the middle of the morning I ended up with what I call a ‘thundery headache’ but I didn’t think we got thunder at this time of year.    I looked up Lightning.org and lo and behold there has been lightning strikes all along the ‘sooth side, all the way to the West coast.... so;   thundery headache it was.    The headache cleared up after the lightning petered out off the Outer Hebrides.


19.30     I see that it’s snowing at Lochgelly;  snowflakes show up as white streaks
Nice sky over Earlsferry.
across the webcam picture.    Snow is forecast for more or less anywhere in Scotland overnight.... apart from our wee corner of Fife of course.    I don’t suppose I’ll be going very far again tomorrow .... it will be an ‘ousework and  computer day I’m thinkin’;   with a run out in the car to get the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....