Bright and breezy .....



16th February 2020 (Sunday)      08.15 .... It is breezy but at least
Bright and breezy morning.
today’s wind should lift a lot of yesterday’s water;  “it’s an ill wind” etc.   At this time we have F6 out on the Firth but that is due to increase to F8 – 9 this evening not a day for this boy going to the beach I’m thinking.    I wonder what it’s like down there?    Must go ‘slight flap on’... got a beach to visit.

09.30    My word .... that got rid of all the cobwebs;   and half my hair with them.    It’s breezy down there but really enjoyable.... but  not the place to open a brolly.    Loads of fresh air and it isn’t too cold even in the wind;  that said I did have my warmest jacket on.   I took probably over 100 photographs ;  I should have a few decent ones but a lot of them will be OOF (out of focus) due to the wind.    I’ll check them after breakfast.



... I just managed to keep my feet dry.
16.00    It has been a bonnie day.... apart from the seemingly incessant wind;  thankfully it is coming from a warm(ish) direction ..... the Southwest.   The temperature on the garden thermometer is reading 10c just now... but I haven’t been anywhere since I was on the beach in the morning;   not even in the car.   The wind strength out in the Firth is F8 just now but it is forecast to freshen later in the evening.


A number of the photographs I took on the beach were OOF but not many;  anyway I dumped them and have a few left to ‘play’ with later.  I’m staying ‘in and warm’ working on the laptop;  and much progress has been made.

20.00     I should sleep well tonight ‘cos I’ve been a busy boy on the computer..... having said that it will be tomorrow morning when I check everything that will be the
Elie beach.
test.    No .... the big test is when I send it all to Emily (granddaughter);  that will be the real ‘test’.     

It has been a really wild day, with squally showers as an added discomfort from late afternoon.    Tomorrow should be quieter ....  only F5 – 6  but windy just the same.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow but I have no doubt I will manage to the beach at some point.   It’s frustrating not being able to go out on the bike;  it has a fully charged battery!    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....