Snow on the hills ....


28th January 2020 (Tuesday)     09.30 ....it’s a lovely morning but there’s
Bonnie but cold with snow on the hills around Edinburgh.
a wintry feel to the air .... and there’s snow on Soutra Hill just southeast of Edinburgh (the A68 road).   Someone’s lum went up on the south side just west of North Berwick, at least it looked like a lum with all the smoke;  it was extinguished after 5 – 10 minutes or so.   I’m going to Leven to visit Jim, and get a few more bedtime books.  

 


18.30    Wellll .... who was a silly boy this morning.    Oh I went to Leven as planned but when I went to buy a couple of goodies I discovered that I had no money having left my wallet in another jacket.   So .... no goodies, no books and no shopping;  but I did visit Jim.   Jim was quieter today but he did recognise one or two of the Elie kirk windows... in fact he mentioned that I hadn’t brought a photo of the one with the bumble bee!   The ‘Glasgow’ window.

Kincraig with Earlsferry beyond from Leven Care Home.
Marcia was visiting Ian... and had the dogs with her.   I remember seeing the dogs pass the room in which Jim and I were sitting and thinking to myself .... “I know those two dogs” but couldn’t move fast enough to catch Marcia.  
The painters are re-decorating the Dining Room just now so everyone is having to have their meals in the sitting rooms;  which will work fine once the Staff get the hang of it.
It has been cold all day;  the garden thermometer only got up as a far as 3c so not really a day for bumbling about outside.    I went up to Elie in the afternoon, to buy a paper and hand in a prescription, then had a run down to the harbour and home by way of Balbuthie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....