Bonnie but cool ....


18th January 2020 (Saturday)       08.00 .... we have a crisp morning at
Elie lighthouse just before sunrise.
the ‘Centre of the Universe’;  a nice morning for being out, but you have to be well ‘wrapped up’ as the temperature is more like what it should be for this time of year.   I am feeling more settled now that I’m back in my local routine and intend going out on the bike once the sun gets going and there’s a bit of warmth in the air;  at the moment it’s just above freezing.


09.30   It is cold out;  this I know because I went down to Elie Harbour (in the car) to get a few sunrise photos.....George (Dunsire) was down there on the same mission.   The actual sunrise was bonnie but not spectacular; however I noticed that the car exhaust is beginning to make a funny noise so having that repaired will be a mission someday next week I imagine.    I need a cuppa before deciding what my next move will be today;  it's a bit cold for going out on the bike right now.


Busy Balcarres Estate this morning.
15.00    I went for a run up to Balcarres  (in the car – the roads are too busy for the bike) and blundered my way into a lot of folk out on horses:  it was lovely seeing so many horses at once.... and a braw day for being out on a horse.   I  stopped in Kinneuchar on the way home to have a wander round the kirkyard.... and met Nancy bumbling her way round the village.  
Our wee villages are busy this week end... too busy with cars for me to take the bike out, and it's cauld on the lugs anyway.
Back home I went over to see Ken and Irene but they are harder to catch up with than I am.... now I shall have a cuppa rapidly followed by ‘50’ winks.

20.30   It’s been a bonnie day but a cold one.... and tomorrow is going to be the same;  perhaps colder.   But when you think about it this is more like the temperatures we should be getting in January.    What has surprised me today is how busy the villages are:  normally I near enough have the beach to myself up to the middle of February.   Thus afternoon Elie High Street was nearly as busy as some of the Sussex towns that
Kinneuchar Kirk.
‘JB’ and I drove through!


‘Plan’ for tomorrow?    Well it’s going to be cold but I might go out on the bike but only if the roads are quieter than they were today.    I could go to Leven and have morning coffee in Sainsbury’s, buy a couple of goodies and visit Jim; though Sundays are funny days for visiting Care Homes I have always found.    Actually that 'plan'.... to have 'morning coffee' and visit Jim is appealing.    I'll see how the mood takes me in the morrrrrning:  I know that my own coffee is not appealing! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....