Bright and breezy ....


19th January 2020 (Sunday)     09.30 ....   “Sunny with a
This afternoon.
moderate breeze” is the weather forecast for KY9 today ..... much the same as it was yesterday;  a nice day for being ‘out and about’.   This silly boy  overslept;  well I woke up at my normal time 05.30 and decided to go back to bed... not a great idea ‘cos at that time I felt really frisky.... when I eventually got ‘up’, three hours later, I was feeling sluggish.   I’ll be ‘up and runnin’ at my normal time tomorrow.    The ‘Master Plan’ for this morning is to go to Leven, have morning coffee in Sainsbury’s, buy a couple of goodies and visit Jim.


13.00    The ‘Master Plan’ went according to .... welll ... ‘plan’ I guess, though I should have planned my day the other way round;   bike in the morrrrning then visit Jim in the afternoon.   The morning was bright and sunny and not very cold;  perfect biking weather;  the sky is now cloudy and the temperature has dropped a few degrees;
Earlsferry beach.
perfect visiting weather.

Jim was lying on his bed when I went in but the goodies, and the promise of a cuppa, soon had him on his feet and bumbling along to the Dining/Sitting Room, where a Carer produced the necessary cuppa.   There was no sign of Grace today so I ate half of one of the two goodies (Apricot Danish Pastries) with Jim scoffing the other one and a half.   The Carers began to wheel in the chair bound Residents for their lunch so I had to beat a retreat after 45 minutes.   Jim decided that he didn’t want lunch.    I suspect the goodies appeared at the wrong time!

19.38   Although I never got out on the bike I have had a busy and enjoyable day.... and
I am well tired at the end of it.    I went to the beach in the middle of the afternoon for a short walk;  it (the beach) was actually quite busy... and certainly had been all day by the amount of footprints on the sand.    The tide was out when I was there so I bumbled along listening to the tiny waves flopping onto the sand and breathing in some ‘royal’ sea air.

Shona arrived (in her car) just as I got back to Ivy so we Elie beach.had a cuppa and caught up with each other’s news.   Since then I have eaten food, Skyp-d ‘M’ and now I’m ready to watch something relaxing on the tele.
No ‘plan’ for tomorrow a-part5 from going for the paper then waiting for my case to arrive;   it should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday, having been picked up later on Friday afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....