Feeling frisky ....



23rd January 2020 (Thursday)      07.30 ....”Sunny intervals with a
Elie from the pier this morning.
moderate breeze” is the weather forecast for KY9 today.... and it’s not too cold so a good morning for having a haircut.  
 
09.00    I had a change of mind and went down to the harbour in the car for a walk round but there wasn’t much going on, and the sunrise though bonnie, wasn’t spectacular.   It was, as it always is at the harbour, cauld on the lugs.   The ‘plan’ was to pick up the papers on the way home but I didn’t have any money with me so that never happened.   I’ll get them on my way home from Leven.   Orf to have breakfast.

13.30    Once again we have the streamlined version of ‘me’;   I’ve had my haircut.   My lugs are cauld.  I was lucky when I went to the hairdressers as she had just started work so I got taken right away, and was in Stuart’s for a cuppa and a scone by 10.45.

Elie harbour beach.
The windscreen washers dried up just as I got to Leven  so I had to buy a gallon of windscreen wash to get them active again;  the roads are too muddy to drive anywhere without washers.   When I think about that I should have taken the car through the car wash:  I’ll do that tomorrow as In didn’t visit Jim today because I ran out of time before lunchtime at the Care Home.
The sky has clouded over in the past hour or so and it dull and cold now.   The bike will stay in the Hutte today;  if I do go anywhere in the afternoon it will be in the car.

16.30    For some obscure reason I decided that I fancied something with chicken in it for dinner so there’s a chicken casserole in the oven.   I didn’t go out anywhere although it has been a bonnie enough day to be out with the camera..... loads of clouds
This morning's sunrise.
etc.... in fact at times I thought we could get rain.   But that never happened.   I did do some work on the computer .... there’s a lot more to do but I am enjoying finishing off a project that Maggie and I started 11 years ago:  I only ‘picked it up’ again a few months ago and it has been an emotional journey.


19.30    For me this has been a strange kind o’ day;  I dinnae seem to have achieved much but I’m relaxed and even tired at the end of it.   Oh, I forgot ... I did some work on the computer and that pleased me .... that’s why I’m happy.

I’m wondering if I should visit Jim tomorrow morning being that I missed that today.  The weather forecast isn’t that exciting so it could be a perfect day for visiting.   I’ll have an early night in bed and make my mind up in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....