Cloudy with a light breeze ....


25th January 2020 (Saturday)   Anniversary of the birth of 'Rabbie Burns' ... 261 years ago.

07.30 .... it’s dark this morning so I assume it’s cloudy .... then again I have only been
Memorial to fishermen lost at sea - Pittenweem.

as far as the front gate, and there wisnae much happening there;  only the security light in the car going on and off.   I’m having a cuppa before....... probably wandering down to the beach.


09.30   Nobody told me that it was goin’ tae be cauld today;  so who went to Pittenweem harbour? .... yep ... the boy.   I was on a scouting mission and got a photo of what I was after but not quite exactly as I wanted it to be.    I’ll go back again .... on a warmer morning.

On the way back I dropped in to the ‘Paper Shop’ to pick up the papers ... I am now ensconced in Ivy about to make myself a mug o’ coffee.   The greenhouse clearing session might begin once the temperature rises;  though it disnae look like that’s goin’ tae happen anytime soon!


Berwick Law from the Woodhaven car park.
11.00  Today’s weather is a bit drab; so drab in fact that but even my coffee is beginning to taste good!    I took the black bags out to the greenhouse so I have actually been out there but .... I think I need another mug o’ coffee before I begin physically ‘working’.   Oh .... and it's still cauld!


14.00 Surprise surprise .... I have been in the greenhouse and done some ‘work’;  not much but the longest journey begins with the first step, so I have started;  and I took some old glass etc along to the re-cycling place at Woodhaven.    
I came in for a cuppa and ended up watching the “Diary of Anne Frank” ...reminding me that we have the 75th anniversary (27th January) of the liberation of the Auschwitz – Birkenau death camps on Monday.    Man’s inhumanity to man make countless millions mourn .... and it continues today:  Nothing on the scale of the evil perpetrated against the Jewish race by the Nazis;  but still atrocities happen all over the world so evil is still with us.   We live on a beautiful planet but it seems mankind is hell bent on its destruction.    All the ‘Gods’ must ever regret allowing the human species to dominate.

We have a miserable day of wet (heavy Scotch Mist) and windy weather now .... and it’s cauld.   I don’t think I shall do any more ‘work’ today.

19.00    While the weather hasn’t been of the best kind today I have managed to do
The granary (Elie) with Chapel Green (Earlsferry) beyond.
some work and watch the tele now and again.... so I feel content at the end of the day. Rain is forecast for our area tomorrow so I suspect it will be a computer day for me;  I have a few things I need to work on so a wet day won’t be wasted.    It is going to be cold for the next few days.... that probably means the temperature will be more or less where it should be for this time of year.    I have felt cauld all day today but that’s because of the dampness in the air:  right now I’m ‘warm and cosy’, sitting at the computer with a cuppa .... and the heating turned up.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....