Breezy and overcast ....


26th January 2020 (Sunday)     09.00 .... No matter how often I crest the
.... part of 'the view'.
dunes at the bottom of Ferry Wynd, and I’ve done it thousands of time, I always get a thrill as the view opens when I reach the top.... it’s fantastical.    No matter what the weather, sunshine or overcast, it still gets to me:  and I take another 50 or so photos to add to the thousands I already have.    This morning we have a brisk breeze, so loads o’ fresh air about, and it’s overcast with rain mentioned for later in the morning.   The view is always there to be enjoyed.... aye even if it does rain.   Hey I’m feeling ‘romantic’ this morning.    Orf to have breakfast and a mug of my finest Coffee Bag coffee!



Elie lighthouse.... with heavy showers along the 'sooth' side'.
10.30    It has started to spit rain but it doesn’t look like it’s going to be overly heavy;  and it is forecast to clear away quickly with the chance of sunny spells later in the afternoon.   I am thinking of visiting Jim before doing any work on the computer... now I’m wondering if I need anything from the shop when in Leven?    I’ll think about that on the way to Leven.


17.00    Jim was in fine form this morning .... scoffing both the custard tarts I took in.   Grace it appears has found a new ‘boyfriend’ so I don’t need to take in two goodies;  that said, Jim scoff manages to scoff two of them both nae bother.   I was telling him about the Fishermen’s Memorial at Pittenweem harbour and he said “I don’t think I’ve seen that”:  which of course he hasn’t as it only went on site and was unveiled in the summer.    I’ll take in a photo next time I visit.... which will probably be Tuesday.
After a lit lunch I settled down to watch the football (Man City v Fulham):  I fell asleep with Man City leading 2 – 0.... when I woke up it was 4 – 0... and that is how it ended.    I went out in the car for a run up to Balcarres and to fill her with fuel.    Balcarres was quiet.... it usually is on a Sunday.   I actually went up to see how ‘Sarah’
Balcarres Chapel.
(van Veen) is but she is not yet in flower;  she’s a Magnolia tree and I expect her to burst into blossom slightly earlier this year if the winter keeps going as it is.



19.00    Everything has been quiet on Planet Owlbert today .... and I never did get any work done on the computer.   I see that there’s a warning out for ice roads tomorrow morning .... and the possibility of sleet/snow showers.    I think the sleet/snow showers will more likely be on the higher ground such as Balcarres etc;   I am contemplating washing a couple of jerseys tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....