Wet and windy ....

22nd November 2016 (Tuesday) .... 09.00     Hmmmmmm .... it is not a morning for going out, being very wet and very windy .... in point of fact ‘very dreich’.    It has been wet and windy (F5 N) throughout the night, and is forecast to
The Toft, Elie.
remain so for another few hours, when the wind should moderate and the rain turn showery.  There’s not must dust flying around.    

Weather like this limits my scope somewhat:   it means that I stay inside Ivy  and ‘work’, .... with little chance of being able to skive off for a daunder.    I think I’ll put the kettle ‘on’. 


10.30    Cancel the... ‘not being a morning for being out’ .... it is actually quite pleasant, as long as you’re well wrapped up.    The wind is the most bothersome weather feature, ‘cos it is F4-5 from the North and therefore cold.    The rain is more in the way of ‘squally light showers’ ... annoying, but not catastrophically so.    I went down to the harbour, in the car, and had a walk about;   my hands were cold, but that was because I’d left my gloves in the car.   Even on a dreich day our villages are camera-friendly;   yes, I managed to get a few
Elie pier
photographs. The sky to the North was clear, but that seems to have disappeared, temporarily:  the weather is forecast to clear from the North later.... and it will become colder.


 22.30    Jim and Jimmy were at Ivy for our weekly chat about;   ‘things local’ mostly.    We cover a lot of ground over an evening:  I should take notes because some of the stuff the ‘auld yins' dig up is real interesting!    I noticed that the we had a nice clear, starry sky tonight... and that frost was already beginning to settle on Sooper Buggy.     I’m not going anywhere tomorrow morning so I won’t need to scrape the windscreen.
Today I brought in the two screws and rawlplugs (2) so that they will be nice and warm for working with tomorrow:   this means that all the equipment required for the ‘big push’ tomorrow, is in Ivy... warming up.     I think I’ll take photographs of progress with this ‘mission!    What is the mission?    I have to drill (with a hand drill) two holes
Sunset time on Earlsferry beach
“iggzactly”  7 ½ inches apart, and level.   A rawlplug is then inserted into each hole, then a screw is ‘screwed’ three quarters into the rawlplug.    If everything has been done accurately the screw heads slot into the back of the multi socket extension which then looks neat and tidy on the wall.    At the moment it is lying on the computer desk.    If ‘everything’ has not been done accurately, and this is highly likely, I shall gently tap the screws with a large hammer until they do line up properly.   Of course all this depends on the tools having warmed up enough for my delicate hands to handle!
Photographs : Top – The Toft, Elie, Middle – Elie pier, and Bottom – sunset time .... the bonniest part of ‘today’.    It was windy and wet when I took the first two photographs.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....