Early morning frost ....

19th November 2016 (Saturday) .... We had a touch of frost earlier;   however the temperature rose rapidly and I didn’t have to scrape the car windscreen.   Iain didn’t have to scrape his windscreen either .... it has some kind of heater thing
Elie Bay
that got rid of the frost very quickly.     The ‘joy’ of windscreen scraping has been overtaken by modern technology!
I missed seeing the sunrise (07.58), by five minutes, but it was bonnie down there nonetheless.    It’s not ,that cold ... there’s only a light breeze from the Northwest .... but I could see snow on the Pentland Hills (behind Edinburgh)... and all the way along the Lammermuir Hills on the south side of the Firth.

 Iain has fixed the laptop;  it seems the problem was with a dud driver that it kept trying to update.    The ‘moose’ disnae ‘freeze’ anymore ....  that was the maist annoying thing about it;   you clicked then had to wait until it (the ‘moose’) ‘de-frosted’.    That could take a few minutes sometimes.

Gillingshill Nature Reserve
21.00    Would you believe it I missed the “Children First” Coffee Morning.... and that was after John had reminded me that it was ‘on’ today.    Pat also phoned to remind me but I must have been on the beach by that time.    I rewarded myself for this forgetfulness by having a cup of The Hutte mankiest!    It was foul;   it mostly always is when I make it for myself.    It’s only when I have visitors that I concoct something resembling coffee.   !
My word ... it has been cold today .... as in ‘raw’ cold.    For my ‘after lunch’ walk I went up to Gillingshill Nature Reserve (Arncroach), because  it would be out of the wind;   not that there was much in the way of wind, but what there was made the air feel 2 or 3 degrees colder!    I had Gillingshill to myself, and it was pleasant pottering round the reserve.    At Gillingshill you can hear the sound of the Dreel burn from almost everywhere on the path;   very relaxing.    The Dreel burn at Gillingshill, in no way resembles the Dreel Burn where it
Gillingshill
enters the Firth of Forth at Anstruther.     There’s one stretch at Gillingshill where it (the Dreel Burn) runs along a, narrow, concrete channel!    
Iain has fixed the laptop, and we now have Outlook, and Skype, in the main computer;  so all is well in the Ivy computer complex.     Last night I was late in going to bed ... 23.45:   Iain was even later.     On cauld nights like this I like snuggling into bed with my book.   

Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning, Middle and Bottom – Gillingshill Nature Reserve this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....