Bright frosty morning ....

25th November 2016 (Friday) .... 09.30     We have another gorgeous , ‘crisp and sunny’ morning, after an overnight frost.    I went down to the beach to see
The Breakwater, Elie .... at sunrise.
the sunrise, over St Abb’s Head.... the furthest East point on the ‘sooth’ side.    There’s a light Northwest breeze that added a bit of wind chill, so it is ‘cool’;  but it was bonnie ... and well worth getting ‘up’ for.    I wandered along to the Breakwater then back home along the ‘bents’:   a very enjoyable, albeit short, walk.    

Jimmy and I are going to Sainsbury’s (Leven) for ‘morning coffee’;   we’ll do some shopping when we’re there.    Sainsbury’s is the best for parking for Jimmy, and there’s a lift up to the Cafe.  

   18.00    Oh my word ... it is bitter cold tonight;   there’s dampness in the air which is making it feel ‘raw’, when exposed to the, Northwest, wind.    I know this because I went up to the third tee to watch the sunset, which is about as exposed as you could get.   The twenty minutes after the sunsets is always the bonniest but I didn’t have a tripod with me.... and I definitely need a tripod when the sun has gone down, and there’s less light about.

The footpath through the bents.
21.30     Jimmy and I went to Leven in the morning, but ended up going to ‘The Bargain Store’ (where I buy my toothpaste) for Jimmy’s messages:  that said, he forgot one important item (I can’t remember what it was) and went along to Anstruther in the afternoon .... and forgot it again!   Windscreen wash .... that’s what it was.    We had our morning ‘cuppa’ in Ivy... having forgotten to go into Sainsbury’s after leaving the Bargain Store.    Sainsbury’s and the Bargain Store are diagonally across from each other, and 200 metres apart ...the problem being that the main road, the one we take on the way home, is between them!    Being retired is not easy!

I have ‘nae plans’ for tomorrow:  the weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to be
Earlsferry at sunset.
cloudier, and not frosty, so I won’t have to scrape Sooper Buggy’s windscreen.     Not that I do much in that respect anyway.    Sooper Buggy is moored up with her stern to the rising sun, so I scrape the rear window and let the sun warm up the inside of the car:  scraping the windscreen is then a dawdle.

Photographs : Top – The Breakwater, Elie, at sunrise, Middle – the footpath through the ‘bents’, and Bottom – Earlsferry at sunset.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....