Lovely, frisky feeling, morning ....

7th November 2016 (Monday) ....   Although cold, the wind has moderated, so it doesn’t feel as cold this morning:  it is a lovely ‘get out and about’
Balcarres Den
kind of morning.    As is usual, I stared my day with a short walk along the beach, which was awfie quiet;   most of the ‘holiday’ folks must be away.   The sun was late in rising above the clouds, but it has done so now, and it looks like being a bonnie day.   The clouds I refer too are well away to the east, beyond Crail, but they do have a wintry ‘look’ to them.    Snow has been mentioned in the weather forecast, and some folk, both north and south of us, have had snow..... any showers coming our way today could fall as snow on higher ground.


21.00    I thought I’d have a ‘quiet’ day today ... as in not do very much,... but I will going to bed one tired ‘boy’ tonight;   not that I’ve done any ‘work’ things, but I have been out in the fresh are a few times.
After breakfast Jim and I took “SD” out to Ruddon’s Point for a morning walk... this was followed by a coffee in  “Harbour House”, where Jim produce a photo display unit on which he ‘showed’ the photos of butterflies that he’d taken on his recent holiday in Spain.   The butterflies, all Southern Hemisphere, were in a ‘breeding’ Butterfly House:   of course being Southern Hemisphere, I only recognised one ...
Largo Law from Ruddon's Point.
which was the Monarch.      I arrived back at Ivy to find “Blob” looking very satisfied;   Jimmy had been in and fed him, “Blob” ... again!    “Blob” is going to end up with a puku!

As it was such a bonnie day I went up to Robin Gray’s in the car and went for a short walk up the den during the early part of the afternoon.    I had to abort the walk after the card in the camera came up as being ‘Full’.  A spare ‘empty’ card was in the camera bag .... it, the camera bag, was in the car!    I only got as far as the ‘broken bridge’ when I turned back;   up to the bridge the ground underfoot had been quite dry;   about 200 metres beyond the ‘bridge’ the ground becomes wet and muddy.... wellies, or walking boots, would be the best footwear for the den at this time of year.
I had to go up to Elie in the later afternoon so I dropped into Jimmy’s for a cuppa, ....
Afternoon sunlit Elie Church.
then went down to the Harbour on the way home at sunset time.    All this being out in the fresh air has made me tired.    It will be an early night in bed with my book ... “PSmith in The City” by P. G. Wodehouse, a good ‘old fashioned’ read!     Being ‘me’ isn’t easy!


Photographs : Top – The ‘Den Burn’ Balcarres, Middle – Largo Law from Ruddon’s Point, and Bottom – late afternoon sunlit Elie Kirk.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....