Bright sunny .... and cold

5th November 2016 (Saturday) ..... 08.30    Mmmmmm.... it’s ‘bright and sunny’ with a cold northerly wind.... a day for being out, well wrapped up.     I haven’t
West Shore Pittenweem
been further than the pavement so far,....  that’s where I went face to face with the cold northerly .... and it won! 
   I’ll wait until the sun is higher before going out for a walk..... though it’s the wind that is the problem this morning.    I’ve got the urge to ‘run away’ this morning ..... trust me to pick a cauld mornin’ to want to do that!

20.30    This morning, instead of going down to ‘my’ beach.... I jumped in the car and went along to Pittenweem West Braes for a change of scenery:   by this time the sun was well ‘up’, and, out of the wind, it was nice reasonably warm.    I walked down the ‘braes’ towards West Shore Pittenweem.    I got some photographs but by now I was facing the wind so about turned and went up to the shelter at the top.    Fife Council have been doing a lot of work at ‘the braes’, there’s a new ‘skate board’ area, and a crazy putting green;  the whole area looks good.  

Looking west from Pittenweem.
By the time I got back to Ivy it was time to go up to Kinneuchar kirk for the “Colinsburgh Coffee Morning”;   this is held in Kinneuchar because Colinsburgh kirk does not comply with modern Health and Safety standards.    Although there were one or two empty seats, there was a happy buzz about the hall;   I love the sound of happy people chatting.

Jimmy came in. Late’ for his morning cuppa at Ivy:   I’d just got in from Kinneuchar when her arrived.    We had a quick cuppa and then went along to the Exhibition in the Elie Hall... to clarify a few points:   Jimmy and I have much knowledge about the exhibition.    We had a soup and sandwiches lunch... again.    I wonder? .... should we go along for a cuppa tomorrow afternoon?    Jim is ‘on duty’ at some point tomorrow;  we may have to go along to give him some support.
The Ferry beach at sunset time.

The England v Scotland, “Four Nations” rugby game has just finished;   the final score was ... 38 – 12 in England’s favour .... the better team won... and won well.    Next tonight we have Australia v New Zealand.... that should be a thriller.


Photographs : Top – West Shore Pittenweem, from the West Braes, Middle – looking West from the west braes;  there’s a lot of ‘auld stuff’ in this photo:  you can see the windmill that pumped the water used in the salt pans at the East end of St Monans, the spire of the ‘Auld Kirk’ of St Monans, with the Newark Castle dovecot, and castle ruin beyond... and, Bottom – The Ferry beach at sunset.PS   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....