Jenny's Thanksgiving Service .....

14th November 2016 (Monday) .... 08.30       It’s overcast, windy and warm this morning.... not ‘pretty looking’ weather but highly bearable for this time of year.     Mind you our chances of  seeing the ‘super moon’ tonight would appear to be
Ferry Road Earlsferry
slender, as the cloud is forecast to be with us for the next month ... er 18 hours:   but you never know, a few clear spells may come our way.    My ‘plan’ is to do a wee bit of ‘ousework, before going out for a walk:  it looks like it could rain in the next hour or so.   



16.00     This afternoon I went to Jenny’s (Reekie) Funeral Service, in Kinneuchar Kirk.     Jenny, and her husband John, lived in The Royal Burgh, in the High Street, ‘roond the corner’ from Ivy.    It was good to see Kinneuchar kirk nigh on full,... where the service of Thanksgiving was taken by the Rev’d Dr. Peter Mills.    I can’t sing, but those that could did the two hymns justice.... it is nice listening to hymns being sung enthusiastically.    (I’m sure that I heard Honor and Jock giving it ‘laldie’).    The service was followed by interment in Kinneuchar cemetery, with Jenny joining her beloved John, who pre deceased her a number of years ago. 

The Main Highway near Kaikoura, South Island, New Zealand
16.30   The camera is mounted on the tripod....  all I need is a clear sky!
21.00    The camera is mounted on the tripod....all I need is a clear sky!   Yep... I I said that earlier, and things haven’t changed:  still no clear bits in the sky!    Fiona, along at Pettycur, will most likely be, happily, snapping away, getting moon shot after moon shot!    I suppose I could go out and take some ‘night shots’, because it does not look like there’s much chance of seeing the ‘super moon’ this side of midnight .... by which time I’ll be getting some ‘beauty sleep’.     Maybe I should have the words ‘much’ and ‘needed’ in there!

I’m looking forward to Gary, my nephew, coming along from Stirling to visit ‘The Royal Burgh’ ... and me ... tomorrow.    The weather forecast is ‘bright and sunny’ with a fresh Westerly wind.... and a wee bit cooler than it was today, so we might get up to Balcarres.    Gary retired from the Police Force earlier this year , and has recently set up his own business, Heart of Scotland Ancestry,  researching ‘Family History’ etc ... I cannae spell ‘genealogy’.    Gary’s hobby was, for umpteen years researching his own, and Julie his wife’s Family trees, and Scottish Family History in general:   he has now turned that ‘hobby’ into ‘work’:   Julie is pleased by this!    You can find out more, and
The Main Highway near Kaikoura - it's easy to see how landslips occur.
have an interesting ‘read’ by clicking on the link. 
   

Photographs : Top – Looking down Ferry Road this morning, Middle – This is only a small part of the earthquake damage on the main West coast Highway, on South Island, New Zealand. (Photo by The NZ  Force) and Bottom – this is the same road (but not the same place... though I probably do have a photo taken from the car as we rounded that corner) when ‘M’ drove us up from Hanmer Springs to Kaikoura on our way home to Nelson.    You can easily see why the roads get hit with landslips during an earthquake.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....