Balcarres Estate walk ....

2nd November 2016 (Wednesday) ...... 12.00    I’ve been a busy ‘boy’ so far today;   not doing much ‘work’, though I did wash three jerseys, (and they are now
Quiet corner of Balcarres Estate.
out on the washing line)..... with it being a lovely, brisk kind of morning, Jim and I took “SD” up to North Lodge and had a daunder down to the ‘pond’ to get some autumn photographs.    The Estate trees are looking bonnie, a last ‘show off’ before the winter ‘hibernation’.    Our trees are not the really bonnie autumn colours that you get in some of the States in the USA (it must be marvellous to see that as it happens).... but in their own quiet way our local trees put on a bonnie, albeit quieter, show.


21.00    Once again I’ve had a busy day, and will be glad to get into my bed, with my book.     The jerseys I hung out were nearly dry when I brought them in;  a quick run over with the iron is all that’s required now.     At times during the afternoon I had wondered about the weather, but it stayed dry with a light breeze;  a ‘light drying

Balcarres sawmill pond bridge.
breeze in fact!

Jimmy arrived earlier for his morning cuppa.... in fact he arrived about five minutes after Jim and I got back from Balcarres.    Jimmy set off home to continue clearing out;  it must be the season.    ‘Lunch’ must have been an exciting event for me today;   I’ve forgotten completely what I had.    I know I had ‘mince and tauties’ for dinner, which I would be looking forward to, and therefore wouldn’t have had much for ‘lunch’ ... I do remember having an apple for ‘sweet’.   

I got a pleasant surprise in the afternoon .... Sandy (Reid) dropped in for a chat; and a cup of the ‘Hutte Finest’.    Sandy had intended going for a daunder round the East Links but they were overrun with people;  obviously  ‘up to something’.... but nobody knows ‘what’.   Anyway we spent a pleasant hour chatting about Elie and Earlsferry, and ‘life’ in general.    Even the coffee tasted good.    Jimmy arrived about ten minutes
Balcarres pond.
after Sandy left.... we had a cuppa, and another blether,    Jimmy was unable to clarify what was going on at the East Links..... but he was impressed with a huge, black ‘camper van’ thing!

The weather forecast is of the ‘damp’ variety for tomorrow;   ‘cloudy with a good chance of light rain’ in the morning.   It will be brighter in the afternoon .....    we have the Drop in Cafe!   


Photographs : Top – a quiet corner of Balcarres Estate, Middle – the Den Burn where it enters ‘the pond’, and Bottom – the Balcarres sawmill pond.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....