'Nearly crisp' morning ....

1st November 2016 (Tuesday) ..... 08.30     It’s a gorgeous, ‘nearly crisp’, morning .... a great morning for walking;  so .... I’m going for a haircut.... and “it’s goin’ tae be cauld on the lugs” when I come out of the Hairdresser’s.     However
Balcarres Crag from Kilconquhar
It looks being ‘bright and sunny’ for most of today so I’ll go walking in the afternoon:   right now I’m in ‘flap on’ mode ....  “Blob” is looking for food! 


22.30    My word I really needed that haircut ....   my lugs feel so much more comfortable;  and I suspect that my hearing has improved!    To celebrate I went to Stuart’s for a coffee, where I discovered that I could even see better;  I know this because I saw an Apple Turnover and had that with my coffee.    From Stuart’s I went round to Sainsbury’s to do some retail therapy .... and ‘fell in love’ with the lassie at the checkout;   she had beautiful black, shiny hair.   Falling ‘in love’ didn’t lessen the till bill, but I got extra Nectar points!    I left Sainsbury’s feeling ‘young’ again:   the joys of ‘love’.     A couple of ladies were selling ‘Poppy Scotland’ pin badges, at a table set up in the shop, so I bought myself an ‘Army’ one.... and I fell ‘in love’ with both the ladies.    Do you know! ... I think I’ll have my haircut oftener!    It has been a bonnie day right enough.

Back at Ivy the messages had just been ‘put away’ and the kettle ‘on’ ;  yep you’ve got it .... Jimmy arrived right on cue just as the kettle began to boil.    We had our morning cuppa out in The Hutte,.... it was 70f in there.  
 
Lunch was the remainder of Audrey’s sausage rolls:   Audrey is Jimmy’s daughter and she makes the best sausage roll this side o’ Kathmandu ... and the ither side as well.   After lunch, I went back up to The Hutte, did a wee bit of a Soduko and fell asleep for
Kinneuchar Station.
twenty minutes or so.    I awoke with the urge to do something;   I jumped into “Sooper Buggy” and went up to Kinneuchar Station and had a walk round a couple of stubble fields.    My shoes were manky ... and I’d cleaned them especially to go to the Surgery yesterday.   That reminds me ... I got the results of my blood test.     The kidney function is perfect, and my PSA reading at 10.   It is recommended that you don’t cycle anywhere for 24 hours before having a PSA test;   guess who biked up to the Surgery to have his blood sample taken?    Biking can lead to spurious readings.     However I will go to St Andrews to have another reading taken;  until then I will not be biking ... anywhere!   

Tomorrow is forecast to be a ‘good drying day’;  the weather forecasters didn’t
The west part of  Colinsburgh village
actually say that, but the weather they are forecasting is of the ‘top quality’ type... “chilly at first, but ‘bright and sunny for nigh on the whole day!    Yep a washing it is... I have two woollen jerseys that I’ll do.


Photographs : Top – Balcarres Crag from Kilconquhar, Middle – The road in the former Kilconquhar Railway Stations sidings, and Bottom – part of Colinsburgh village.   The olive green line of trees to the right of centre of the photo, are on both sides of a road/lane, variously named ; ‘Old kirk road’, the ‘back road’ or the Linden Walk, on Balcarres Estate.    They are lime trees.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....