Nice walking morning .....

28th November 2016 (Monday) ....  11.00    We had light showers o’ rain at the beginning on ‘today’;   I know ‘cos I got caught in one down at the harbour
KIncraig cliffs.
.... this was at 08.10.    Sunrise was at 08.16 but didn’t happen .... well it did ‘happen’ but behind the clouds.    The weather has improved since then, and I went out across the golf course to West Bay then home via the “Boss’s  Seat” .... where I ‘picked up’, advice and instructions.   

When I go out walking, I am using a ‘walking pole’... this takes some of the pressure orf the knee;   and will extend my walking range considerably.     In fact I have two walking poles;   if I can find Maggie’s one!    We bought them for our Austrian walking holiday in 1997.

Bunker work on the fourth fairway.
20.00    The village (Earlsferry ... the Royal Burgh of) seems quiet;   apart from tradesmen working on various sites:  all this activity has given me feeling that I should paint the front of Ivy, which is in much need of a coat of paint.    I’ll do it in the Spring, when the weather will be settled, and warm. 
  
Today I have been ‘resting’ .... I fell sound asleep(for half an hour) after lunch;     it must have been brought on by all the ‘fresh air’ this morning.    Since then I have been ‘working’ .... the main ‘work’ getting a beef casserole organised for my dinner tonight .... and tomorrow night too!     Making my own ‘food’, gives me something to do... other than sleeping    The reason I fell asleep is easy to explain;   I woke up with a migraine this morning;   the first one I’ve had in a wee while.    I blame the weather!    It means an early night in bed with my book  .... “Spring Fever”, by PG Wodehouse.
Jimmy came along in the afternoon;  he’d been along to St Monans but there was nothing doing down at the  Harbour.    Even ‘Tergie’, who is most often to be found
Part of |Grange Road Earlsferry.
there, was absent!  

  The weather did turn ‘raw’ in the middle of the afternoon, and St Monans Harbour, indeed all East Neuk harbours, can be breezy and cauld.... it must have been cold if Tergie wasn’t down there!     If the weather forecast is correct he (Tergie) won’t be down at the harbour tomorrow either ... it’s forecast to be much the same as today but windier.

Photographs : Top, Middle  and Bottom – taken on the ‘golf course’ this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....