EKC Crates for Malawi ....

16th November 2016 (Wednesday) .... 11.00    We have a lovely, ‘bright and breezy’ morning  .... breezy being F4-5 from the Northwest, so it feels colder.     Is
The 'team, filling crates ready to be forwarded to the C of S Mwandi Mission
colder!     I have been to Leven to do some shopping, hence the late ‘update’.     The ‘plan’ is to do some walking after lunch, which will be ‘hard work’ because I have a sore knee:  I get the feeling the other knee might have to re-placed soon.    I’d better put the kettle on;   Jimmy will be looking for a cuppa soon.


21.00     Jimmy did arrive for a cuppa, but only to tell me that he was going to come back in the afternoon.    

After lunch I went out in Sooper Buggy fully intending to go for a walk up Balcarres Den;  out of the wind, and the showers that have been scuttling over.   For some unknown reason I ended up going round the Elie Lighthouse and Lady’s Tower walk;  
Looking West from Woodhaven Bay, Elie
exposed to the F7 gale... with very little in the way of shelter if a shower did come my way.    The walk certainly blew the cobwebs away:   but it was enjoyable, and I did have the camera with me.    That said, I was glad when I got back to Ivy, and the kettle.    Jimmy arrived at Ivy, just as the kettle reached ‘the boil’, so we chatted, ate a few chocolates (won in the Guild CM raffle), then discussed the merits of walking round the East Links in a gale.   There was one ‘merit that accrued from the wind;   it had dried up the paths, which are usually wet, and muddy.    Even in a gale it is bonnie, but you have to find places from which to take photographs:  which I did.

Jings I cannae believe it ... I’ve just had a migraine:   probably triggered by the chocolates that Jimmy and I had in the afternoon.   Oh well, an early night in bed... will clear that up.   It’s a good night for getting off to bed early... with the wind rattling
The Lady's Tower, Elie.
the windows, reminding me how cold it is outside.    Yes .... I’ll have my mug of hot chocolate (sod the migraine) with, would you believe, English Honey in it.    It comes from “Littleover Apiaries” in Derbyshire.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is much the same as it was today;   windy, with a mix of sun and showers.    We have the ‘drop in Cafe’ tomorrow... a nice place to spend a hour chatting.

Photographs : Top – the happy team filling two crates with much needed items, to be sent to the Church of Scotland Mission in Mwandi, via Malawi, Middle – Woodhaven Bay, East Links Elie, and Bottom – Lady’s Tower Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....