Frosty in Pevensey .....

8th November 2016 (Tuesday) .... 09.00     The villages are bathed in ‘peaceful-ness’ this morning:   down on the beach, which I had to myself, it was absolutely divine.    With there being only a light breeze it isn’t as cold as it has been; 
Interesting sky over Elie Bay this morning.
  there’s an 50/50 mix of clouds and blue bits in the sky, the sea is peaceful .... I’m loving it!    I’m even loving it more now;   I’ve just had a phone call from Jenny, and she had to scrape the car windscreen first thing this morning ....  Jenny was phoning from Pevensey on the south coast of Sussex!    The temperature down there now is 2.5c.    The temperature in Ivy garden is only 2c at the moment.... but we didn’t have frost earlier!    Yes .... The,‘Centre of the Universe’ is the place to be! 


22.30     Jimmy and I went to Leven this morning:   Jimmy wanted to buy a new chip fryer thing, and I bought a beard trimmer.    We got both fryer and trimmer in Argos,
Peaceful Firth of Forth.
but neither of us has actually used the aforementioned items.    The trimmer had to be ‘charged’ before using.... so I will have a ‘play’ with the new toy tomorrow;   I may  not have much of a beard by the time I’m finished.    The ‘rools’ appear simple enough .... !
I began to watch the bowls on BBC2 in the afternoon, but fell asleep.    Not because the bowls were boring... far from it:    I was just plain tired.   When I woke up I decided that I needed to ‘do something’ so I grabbed the camera and went up to Kinneuchar kirk, in Sooper Buggy, where ‘The Way Ahead’ exhibition is on display.    I had a cuppa With the ‘troops’ that were ‘on duty’, Nancy, Olive Ken and Bob, then went and had a ‘practice’ at photographing the ‘Acts of  Charity’ stained glass window, in ‘poor’ light.    I was pleasantly surprised with the results.    However I need to buy myself a decent tripod:  I’ll go online after this Hutte update and see what I can find.

Jim and Jimmy were down for our weekly evening of talking ‘local things’..... an
Friendly .... thirsty dog.   He could see the water dish coming!
interesting way to spend an evening.   When you trigger something in the ‘other’ brains it’s amazing how the conversation rattles along.    I fair enjoy myself.... but I must remember to buy Earl Grey tea .... Jim likes Earl Grey!    So do I .... when I have it;   in fact that’s why I don’t have it!

The weather is forecast to be “cold, wet and generally miserable” tomorrow morning:   I may decide to go into a short state of hibernation .... until Friendship Lunch time!


Photographs : Top –Elie Bay this morning, Middle – bonnie sky over the Firth of Forth, and Bottom – “how about a drink for me?”

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....