Lovely morning ....


1st December 2019 (Sunday)     09.30 .... There’s a few more clouds
Crail.
around this morning adding interest to the sky.... and occasionally  obscuring the sun .... but it is another bonnie frosty morning;  and, with a bit of luck, the sun should burn off the clouds.    It’s a good day for being ‘out and about’ and I have no doubt at some point I will be.... but right now I need a cuppa and to have breakfast.



19.00    It has been a bonnie day and for me a busy and satisfying one.   I washed and hung out a couple of jerseys:  the washing was successful but the hanging out to dry didn’t achieve much.   However they are drying nicely in front of a radiator now.   I also did the ironing which thought was going to be a ‘big’ ironing but in fact wasn’t;  so this left me time to have a run along to Crail harbour after lunch.    I met an man at
Pittarthie Castle.
Crail who knew all about the currents in the Firth and how they affected our local coastal temperature.    We met at the top of the Hen’s Ladder where we had an interesting chat sitting in the warm sunshine.    I then went down to the harbour and he continued on his way .... back home for a cuppa.    I came home from Crail via ‘the back road’ and Largoward;  I meant to come down through Balcarres Estate but started thinking about ither things and forgot to turn off at Lathallan.   Oh well .... Balcarres will still be there tomorrow.

On the way I stopped at the roadside to take photos of Pittarthie Castle .... a
Sunset sky over  Earlsferry.
historically interesting castle,  in the middle ‘o’ naewhere’,  but visible from the B940 (‘back road’)between Crail and Higham Toll.   Pittarthie was used as a residence by various families including descendants of ‘The Bruce’ up until 1855.... or thereabout.
There’s a change on with the weather... and you can feel the rawness in the air tonight.    Anyway there’s rain coming tomorrow afternoon and it is going to become warmer by the middle of the week.   I should take the car through the car wash sometime and visit Jim;  either Monday or Tuesday, depending on how I’m feeling.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....