Not so Sunny Sussex ....

26th December 2019 (Thursday)     10.00 .... when we went to bed last night there was a clear sky, in fact I'd been admiring the starry sky when 'JB' and I were walking home from Leeann and Marty's:  when I woke up this morning I was surprised to find it raining.... and it looks like we're in for a dreich day. 
  
We went to Leeann and Martyn's for Christmas Dinner and it was fantastic;   a real family Christmas. a mix of, a very nearly six year young lady, a 5 year dinosaur loving boy.... and six excited young adults.    Well some of the adults were young .... but all were happy and enjoying Christmas Day.    It took me back .... er .... a few years ....  to when 'The Troops' (my grandchildren') were that age.... and listening out for "Ho Ho Ho's" as Santa whizzed around the planet.   Nostalgic moment for me .... thinking of 'The Boss' preparing our Christmas Dinners and getting ready for Santa squeezing his 'fat butt' down Ivy Cottage lum many years ago.... and all the happy Christmas's we had together.
  
Leeann and Martyn had prepared an absolutely fantastical Christmas Dinner .... much work had gone on 'behind the scenes' to produce such a marvellous spread... "Thank You" Leeann and Martyn for inviting me to join you for Christmas.... I totally enjoyed every minute of it!   Except when I pranged Darcie's toe with the car!   A huge "Thank You" to everyone for all the Christmas presents.... he's a clever boy is auld Santa... he knew all the things I needed and like!   Yes this has been a memorable Christmas for 'the boy'.    Christmas is not over .... Janice and Michael are organising another Christmas Dinner' for us today.... it will be a bigger boy travelling back to Ivy in a couple of weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....