Bright and breezy ....


15th December 2019 (Sunday)      09.00 .... it’s a bright, breezy....  and
Chapel Green, Earlsferry from Elie harbour.
cold....  morning;     definitely a ‘wrap up well’ day.   The forecast is for us to have ‘sunny intervals’, most of the time, but there’s a fair amount of cloud about so there will be ‘cloudy intervals’ too.   I’m feeling playful and I’d like to get the bike out but I have other things to do.... so I’ll give the bike a turn round the villages tomorrow. 

 

11.30    I had to miss the kirk, and the mince pies, being that I am in a  ‘slight flap on’ state getting things organised;  which included a trip to the re-cycling depot at Pittenweem.... and the car needs a wee bit of a tidy up before I take it up to Brian’s after lunch.    The weather has been mixed so far today, with more cloudy spells than sunny ones;  and with squally showers.   Not really a very bonnie day at all.   I’m going to have a cuppa then get on with the some ‘ousework etc. 

Late afternoon sunshine on Elie.

17.00    Once again I’ve been a busy boy;  the car is safely ensconced  up at ‘Erncroach’ where Morven (My Secretary) is i/c car.   After Moira, and Brian, dropped me orf at Ivy I had a wander down to the beach .... coming up to sunset .... I found it quite pleasant but you had to be well wrapped up.    The beach was fairly busy for this time of year:  perhaps the AirBnB, and the Elie Holiday Home Offices are bringing in ‘off season’ visitors.   Anyway it was a bonnie enough sunset so we could be in for a better day tomorrow;  less cloud and longer sunny intervals.

19.00    The gritter lorry went down Ferry Road not long ago so we must be expecting
Sunset over Chapel Green, Earlsferry.
a frost tonight;  it has been cold and we do have a clear sky, so frost tomorrow morning won’t be a surprise.   I must remember to bike along to Elie to pick up my pills from the Chemist;  that is tomorrow’s vital job.   The rest of the day will be spent tidying up Ivy.... and charging the bike battery.


I see that there’s a yellow warning out for Fife ..... icy roads in places tomorrow morning apparently.   Now we know why the gritter went down Ferry Road.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....