Bright, breezy and cold ....


11th December 2019 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... The beach was deserted
Elie Bay just before sunrise.
this morning.... probably because there’s a hoolie blawin’ and it’s cauld;   that said it is a bonnie, ‘bright and breezy’ start to the day,  even though it is cold.    We had a nice but not spectacular sunrise...  with a bit of red so ominous.   I didn’t linger on the beach.... and left it all to the birds.



17.00    My word ‘the boy’ is tired but he’s a happy boy.    The car wash at Leven is back in action and I have a clean car:   I went to Sainsbury’s and had a cuppa.... yes.... and bought a few ‘food related’ items;   i.e. “emergency rations”.     I was in good time for visiting Jim but he was ‘three quarters’ asleep... and wasn’t for waking up.     The Staff had a Country and Western tape playing and Jim’s foot was tapping in time to the music....   I spoke to him and he did answer but was very tired so I only stayed for 35 minutes or so.   I’m going for a haircut tomorrow morning so I’ll drop in and see him  after that.

Kinneuchar from the Balbuthie road.... this afternoon.
When in Leven I went up to get a photo of the Methil Library building:  Methil doesn’t have much going for it but the facade of their Library building is of Art Deco style....and really classy.   I’d forgotten it was a ‘working day’ so there were cars parked all along the front of it.    I’d also forgotten it was the Christmas Friendship Lunch today so was in  a state of panic to get home;  I made it before the girls began to serve.    I have always said that we are really lucky to live where we do and it’s not just the scenery around us.... it is the folk that live around us that makes our wee villages special places, and the girls of East Neuk trinity Church are the best.... love you all girls;  and yes I did enjoy my Christmas Lunch... and I am enjoying
Elie .... this afternoon.
‘wearing’ it now!   Honor was sitting at our table and updated me on Jock’s activities and how busy he was  organising the order for the Christmas Lunch.    Apparently he wants a Chef’s hat for Christmas!   Honor is a lucky girl.

The weather has turned colder and the wind is of the brisk variety so there’s a considerable wind chill factor;  not a day for the beach.   Oh I nearly forgot:   Michael phoned to say that my case had been delivered 24 hours after it was picked up from Ivy.   I am impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....