Bonnie morning ....


9th December 2019 (Monday)     07.45 .... we have a clear sky and I
Beautiful morrrrrrrrrrning.
have a washing already on the line ;  though it isn’t very breezy just now  it should freshen once the sun appears..... “sunny with a moderate breeze” is the forecast for ‘KY9’.... I might even get out on the bike out today.... it’s going to be wet tomorrow.


10.00     We have a gorgeous sunny morning here... with a perfect drying wind:   all I need to do now is scuttle round the villages on the bike.   The beach was busy, for the time of year, though it was empty when I first went down.
I don’t have much of a ‘plan’ today;  check, then close the suitcase and finish writing my local Christmas cards.     No... tomorrow will be a better day for staying in and doing the cards.... and I have the DPD man coming for the case;  I might have a relaxing afternoon today as I have been stressed getting organised for travelling.    Orf to have a cuppa.


Elie beach.
17.00      It has been a really bonnie day;  sunny and warm (for the time of year).    The light breeze didn’t factor in too much wind chill;  and it dried the washing.   ‘We’ have a happy bunny in Ivy cottage today.
I had to print off (and laminate) a temporary “IVY COTTAGE” for the DPD driver tomorrow;  just in case it’s a strange driver.   I had intended having the new sign written by this time;  I got a beautiful piece of teak wood from Dave and it has had three coats of varnish, but that’s as far it has progressed since the weather turned caulder.   I want to give it five coats before ‘writing’ it.   In the meantime the temporary sign should do the job ‘temporarily’ .... until Spring time..... which is ‘just roond the corner’.

Not only was it a good drying day for washing I managed to get the lobby, kitchen and bathroom floors washed and dried too.   This will be the last wash they get this year.    Usually I do them once a fortnight but it’s about 5 weeks since I last gave them a proper going over.  ‘We’ have an extremely happy bunny in Ivy today.

19.30    I am saddened by the loss of life on White Island (Whakarri) New Zealand.
'White Island' New Zealand - 2014.
     New Zealand is a beautiful country but, throughout its history has been plagued with disastrous earthquakes or volcanic eruptions.... because of its geographic position on Mother Earth.    When I was out there four (coming up for five) years ago ‘M’ and I passed up the East Coast with Colin and Sue (‘M’s son and partner)to stay at their home on East Cape.   Half way up the road we stopped for a break and you could see White Island, and it’s ever attendant plume of steam, from the beach ... where I took the photo from.    I can understand tourists being attracted to the island... but I’d have flown over it rather than land on it. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....