Breezy ... F8 gale


8th December 2019 (Sunday)    09.30 ....   The sky is loaded with action
Sun rising over St Abb's Head.
this morning.... unfortunately some of the ‘action’ is wet.   There’s a southwest gale (F7-8) blowing, and the sky is busy with fast moving clouds....  and interesting light:   a bonnie morning for taking photographs from sheltered spots.    I went to the ‘Braes’ at Pittenweem to catch the sun rise over St Abb’s Head this morning .... and I’m a happy boy with what I ‘caught’.    Now I’m well ready for breakfast.



10.15     It is a wild morning now;  with heavy squally showers.    Not a morning for being out though I am going out to post my Christmas cards later.... after another cuppa!    Oh and I intend going to the Fife craft Association craft fair next door to the Fisheries Museum.

Anstruther harbour.
19.00    We’ve had wild weather all day especially when the showers came over;  it’s going to be braw tomorrow.   The weather didn’t stop me from enjoying myself today, especially so at the Craft Fair in Ainster.    Maggie and I were Founder Members of the Fife Craft Association, and Peter, who has been the Secretary since its inception in 1986, was at Anstruther.   We had a right old reminisce about the ‘good old days’.    And they were.   As far as I could understand Peter is the only original member still producing crafts;  Peter works with wood.    Most of the old members are still around but have moved to various places to be nearer family.    The Craft fair was very quiet;  people aren’t interested in buying authentic hand crafted items.  

The weather was kind to me when in Anstruther.... so I posted the Christmas cards...
Peter - Fife Craft Association Secretary.
and had a  walk along ‘the Folly’.     I kept my eye on a big shower rattling in from the West and managed to get back to the car just as the rain reached us.
In the afternoon I finished packing my case;  all I have to do is close it and tie on the label and it will be ready for pick up on Tuesday.

Tomorrow’s weather forecast is of the ‘good drying day’ kind;  I think I’ll do the washing tonight and have it ready to go out first thing.    It’s only a wee wash so even if the weather isn’t conducive for drying ... I can hang the washing on the horses.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....