Windy ....


10th December 2019 (Tuesday)     08.30 .... There’s a gale o’ wind
The temporary "Ivy Cottage" sign.
blowin’ but it isn’t cold;  it’s 9c in Ivy garden.   The wind is going to freshen  to ‘seriously breezy’ by lunch time... accompanied by heavy rain.    Not good.    I am tied to Ivy until the DPD van appears;  I’m going to write my local Christmas cards and work on the computer.   


10.00    Well it’s windy and wet now;  the rain started about 09.30. but it is not cold.... that said, I think I’d rather be cold than wet.    So far I haven’t done very much and won’t be going to the beach that’s for sure;  in fact I won’t be going anywhere until the DPD van has been.     I have coffee bags so I can have a coffee break at 10.30 .... in front of the computer.    When browsing my New Zealand photos yesterday I found  most of them were ‘sunny’ so I might just browse some more today.


13.30    We appear to be missing the worst of the bad weather ;  although it is wet and windy we do have signs of the sky breaking up .... we might have a reasonable evening.   I am still awaiting the DPD van;  to be honest I didn’t expect him to appear in the morning because I assume he leaves Edinburgh with a full van load to deliver, then picks up on the way back to Edinburgh Airport.    However I have been keeping
The Ferry High Street this morning.
myself busy so the day hasn’t wasted.

One of the things I have done today in between working on the computer and stuff is ‘think’;  not something that I’m often guilty of actually!   Anyway today I got round to thinking of the General Election  and ‘Brexit’.    Brexit is as far as I’m concerned, is all about keeping ‘Rip Off Britain’ in rip off British investor hands;  this means that the average working person in the UK will be worse off out of Europe.   That was my ‘eureka’ moment for today.    Moan over.


18.00    I am impressed with ‘Send My Bag’ and especially DPD the people they use to move the cases etc from ‘A’ to ‘B’.    The bloke came, round about 14.00, scanned the label then went off with my case.    Less than five minutes later Michael phoned from Sussex to say that the case had been uplifted and would be delivered to Uckfield tomorrow.   Obviously it’s all computerised and when the driver scanned the code it was automatically sent to the central computer then onwards.
Pittenweem.


After a celebratory cuppa I went along to Pittenweem Braes to have a walk down to the harbour but it began to spit rain so I only got half way before heading back to the car.   There was a gale of wind by this time and walking was difficult;  both against the wind and with the wind on my back.   Pittenweem Braes wasn’t my best idea today.... but I did get loads o' fresh air and some exercise.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....