Feeling excited ....


14th December 2019 (Saturday)      07.30 .... I haven’t been further than
five minutes before sunrise  .... bonnie but ominous.
the front gate so far, but that’ was far enough to know that it’s breezy and cold with a feel of winter in the air.   Not a particularly good morning for the beach where it will feel really cold.... but that won't stop dogs taking their owners out for a brisk stroll.    Snow is forecast or the high hills.... the Grampians etc. 





20.00    Yes it was really windy.... and cold ... on the beach, but there was the prospect of a bonnie sunrise so I had to go;   and I did wrap up well.    Actually the wind direction meant that I got some shelter from the dunes so it wasn’t too bad.   The sunrise was bonnie so it was well worth the effort.

At last I have finished delivering/posting the Christmas cards:  only got two to hand ‘deliver’ at the kirk tomorrow.   Did I mention that there will be mince pies before the Service tomorrow?   Not that I’m going to the kirk because there’s mince pies.    I wonder? .... could I go for the mince pies then skip the service?    No! .... I couldn’t do that;  not even when I’m feeling ‘pagan-ish’.
Most of today has been spent bumbling around with the cards;   and doing Kinneuchar, Colinsburgh and  Janet (skin and blister) in Leven by car.   I never got the bike out because the weather has been ‘iffy’ all day ..... windy and cold with occasional spells of light rain.

Sunrise over the Lammermuirs.
Tomorrow is going to be “cold, with sunny intervals and a moderate breeze”.... sleet showers are forecast overnight.   I won’t see those because I will be well snuggled down in my cosy burrow!     The main plan for tomorrow is targeted on mince pies at the kirk, then taking the car up to Brian’s and Moira’s in the afternoon.    I have my rucksack to pack for Tuesday but that shouldn’t take long.   I won’t be taking a laptop with me this year, but will do occasional updates on the Hutte from one of the laptops at Michael’s.    Monday will be spent sorting out Ivy... got a bit of tidying up to do after all the card writing etc.  and packing the rucksack.     I must remember to go to the chemist for my pills on Monday;  I meant to go today but being in a mild state of ‘flap on’ I forgot.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....