Very happy bunny morning ....


19th January 2019 (Saturday) .... 08.15   “Good Morning to all my Hutte
Grey morning.
friends, it’s good to be back” ....but the weather isn’t good this morning;  it’s heavily overcast and damp, after some overnight rain by the look of it;   and there’s a, light north-easterly breeze .... so not  warm.    We might have few breaks in the clouds later giving us short sunny spells, but right now it is dreich;  not a morning for the beach.    Sunrise is in quarter of an hour so take turn down there after this update... though I very much doubt if it (sunrise) will be visible.   



10.00    The beach was quiet, with only one dog walker, and ‘the boy’ at first;  then a number of people appeared at the breakwater, and suddenly it was busy.    It’s not the bonniest of mornings but it  is a pleasant morning for walking.    That reminds me .... I can go for morning coffee this morning;  and I have a Memory Stick to deliver.    ‘Slight flap’ on now.


13.30    When we (the Troops) are chatting during morning coffee, we cover many different subjects;  this morning we ended up chatting about worms in the stomach of mules.. and horses.    I don’t remember how we got on to the subject of ‘stomach worms’, but Geoff, (who was a Manager in Agricultural Supplies), told us that the veterinary profession, intrigued as to why Army mules weren’t plagued by ‘worms’ found that the dye in Army Muleteers khaki greatcoats , which the mules found highly ‘lickable’, contained phenothiazine, and that it, the phenothiazine, was lethal to stomach worms.  It soon became the recognised way to treat worm infestations in mules and horses.    I bet you are all glad that I am back online!

20.00     Mmmmm .... we’ve had a grey day, but at least it didn’t rain;  and I did some of the things I have to do before going to Sussex, for a holiday, and Emily’s (granddaughter) wedding.     With the weather remaining dull I didn’t go to the beach in the afternoon;   instead I fuelled up the car (it’s going for a holiday too), and
Yesterday's sunrise.
finished... mmm... nearly finished my packing:  a busy(ish) and satisfying day.   With the whole day being overcast and no visible sunrise or sunset, I have uploaded yesterday’s sunrise.


Tomorrow I’ll finish off the packing... and take the car up to Brian and Moira’s.   I might go to the kirk in the morning.... it depends on how organised I am.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....