Overcast but dry .....


20th January 2019 (Sunday) .... 08.30    We have another grey morning,
Elie,
but there is a change of wind direction;   for the past few days the wind has been from the northeast...this morning it’s from the west.   It doesn’t look like it’s going to bring much change to the weather, but .... we might get a few sunny spells with this wind.    I haven’t been out anywhere yet, but I have done a small ironing, and there’s tidy up washing going through  the machine.   Now I need something to eat .... and to have a cuppa.



12.30     Hmmmmm .... the packing is nearly done:    I’ve been deliberating as to whether I take a suit, or my jacket and trews with me, for both the Burns Supper and Emily’s wedding.    I finally settled on the trews etc .... they weigh less.
 
Pittenweem.
I took time out to go for a wee run to Pittenweem harbour, but there was very little happening there;  that said, I could hardly finds a place to park.    I didn’t see a lot of people but their vehicles were there in abundance.    At that time the sky was still overcast.    Since then we have had a brief ‘sunny spell’, that has been followed by a not so brief rainy spell.   Right now it’s overcast and wet.
I’ll take Sooper Buggy III  up to Arncroach after lunch, then finish give ‘Ivy’ a quick tidy up.    I can’t totally finish packing until I do my last Hutte update for today:  after which I can pack the laptop.


18.30     The car is now ensconced at Brian and Moira’s;  so I am more or less ready
Late afternoon at the Centre of the Universe.
for Sussex.    Jim and Myra are taking me to the station... then continuing on to Perth, to visit a friend.   My train departs Kirkcaldy at 09.44, arriving KingsX  around 15.00.... where Michael is meeting me.     I’m looking forward to catching up with the Sussex ‘news’.

Our day ended with a clearing sky;  clear skies = frost, .... which is why we had the gritter going down Ferry Road half an hour ago.   

The next Hutte update will be from ‘sunny Sussex’ tomorrow evening.    In the meantime I’ll have a cuppa... then pack the laptop ... and accoutrements.    xx

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....