Back to normal ....


3rd January 2019 (Thursday).... 07.30    It’s not that cold this morning...
West side of the Dome Park.     Polish machine gun position 1941.
though we could get a touch of frost just before sunrise (08.45).    I’m feeling energetic this morning, after a really good night’s sleep.    I’ll take down the Christmas cards etc. before going to the beach;  get back to normal after the holiday.   A lot of the holiday makers went home yesterday and the  villages silent again.
 I’m not that keen on silent.   Oh we bumble along in our own quiet way, but there’s something missing.  The sound of the younger generations perhaps?generations perhaps?


16.00    Who said it wasn’t ‘that cold’ this morning?   It may not be freezin’ but it’s a raw cauld that gets right into auld bones.    I went up to Chapel Green (in the car) to visit ‘The Boss’ and take a few pictures.    My hands were frozen by the time I got back to the car.... and that was wearing gloves. 
   
Chapel Green - Earlsferry.
There were a lot of people enjoying Chapel Green, even though it was a grey (and cold) day.    Sunny spells?   We haven’t had one, but there’s always tomorrow.
I’ve been watching ‘Wild China’ on and off most of the afternoon.     In between I have been dusting the living room after taking down the Christmas cards.     I didn’t go to the beach today;  I went to Leven and finished the shopping I began on the way home from Pettycur yesterday.    It has been too cold for this delicate boy to be on the beach.



20.00    This cold spell... (it’s going to continue tomorrow)... has me staying in and doing ‘ousework.  It may be breezier tomorrow;  if so I’ll do a washing, and hang it out
Earlsferry from  Chapel Ness.
early.   One thing I don’t need to do tomorrow is go shopping.    I’m fancying a run along to Culross, but that’s the kind of thing I’ll do on a bonnie day.   Yep .... it looks like being a mix of ‘ousework, computer stuff, and the tele again, ... plus frequent cuppas.    I’ve just remembered, Jim and Myra are going to the ‘Deli’ for morning coffee.   Now... if I could remember that in the morning....!   

Frances, a lady from Colinsburgh WRI, has been on the phone and given me a date (21st March) on which I’d show the Colinsburgh Rural girls some of my photographs.    That gives me something to work on.   Now I need to think about my trip to Sussex.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....