Squirrel (grey) .....


23rd January 2019 (Wednesday) .... 10.30    I’ve spent the last five
Uckfield High Street at gloamin' time.

minutes watching a squirrel in the tree at the bottom of the garden.    I first saw it when it jumped on to the top of the shed... from where it then went into the tree.    What a transformation.   It looked ungainly running along the hut;  as soon as it hit the tree it was in its element, flowing over the branches rather than climbing then.    It was beautiful to see;  the only thing wrong? .... it is a grey squirrel.    There is a family of them, and they live in the big tree on the north side of the house.
 
We have a mix of clouds and sunny spells in Sussex this morning.... and it is bitterly raw cold.    I am having a rest day (mostly because its cold), but I will go out after lunch.    ‘JB’ is sleeping after a night shift, and Janice and her friend Janette are off to the shops.   Hey that sort of makes me ‘in charge’.


Uckfield High Street (North) after sunset.
20.00     My word .... it  has been cold today:  this I know .... because ‘JB’ and I went downtown;  after the afternoon school run.     Unlike Elie, the ‘school run’ in Uckfield is a major traffic event, both on road and pavement.   I imagine it will be so in towns all over the southeast.

Most of today has been spent resting;  my knee has performed remarkably but was in need of a rest.   On such ‘rest’ (and bad weather days) I’m planning/working on my Presentation to the Colinsburgh WRI girls.   I actually remembered to bring all the necessary photographs etc with me.

Tomorrow is going to be cold again in Sussex, in fact I think the whole of the UK is going to be cold:  except for the Royal Burgh of course.   I might have another daunder
Sunset over Uckfield.
downtown tomorrow morning;  it depends on how cold it is.... and how my knee feels as to how far ‘downtown’ I go.

The squirrel that I have been watching is called Theresa; it ignores everything, and spends most of its time going round in circles.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....