Cold and windy .....


27th January 2019 (Sunday) .... 11.30    It’s breezy, and cold in sunny
.... we  passed  this on our way to Eastbourne.
Sussex.... but a bonnie enough day for going out.    I circled ‘the block’ which is a distance of about a mile;  I’ll measure is the next time I do it.


Yesterday, when we were having lunch (at Sovereign Harbour) Ian and John were talking about the 1000 new houses being built on the edge of Uckfield;  the figure that surprised me was that 1000 houses = at least another 2000  vehicles on the roads around, and in, Uckfield.    They, the ‘powers that be’, say that the South east needs another 1,000,000 houses;  that would mean another 2,000,000 vehicles on the, already crowded, roads of the Southeast.

London Road - Uckfield .... today.
20.00    Sussex has been windy and cold all day.... with a few rain showers .... so my day has been spent watching the TV, working on the laptop, and eating Janice’s scrumptious food:   a lovely way to spend a cold Sunday.    The squirrel’s residence was getting a good old rattle with the wind this afternoon;  for a short time we were having seriously strong gusts.
I think I’ll walk ‘downtown’ tomorrow morning:  I think the  Sussex weather forecast is cold but dry.   I’m now going down to make a cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....